View Single Post
Old April 9th, 2014, 09:33 AM   #32 (permalink)
rangergrrl

Device(s): EVO, EVO 4G LTE, Nexus 5, HTC M7, HTC M8
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolApathy View Post
Power off phone (be sure to turn off fast reboot in settings first). Boot into recovery by holding volume-down key and then holding power key until boot menu appears. Volume down to RECOVERY and tap power to select. HTC logo appears followed by a blank, dim screen. Now, tap all three together: power, volume up and down, and release immediately. You may have to repeat this until you get the timing just right. Black screen appears and sd card error message scrolls. After about ten seconds, recovery menu appears (all in very small font). Volume-down to "wipe cache partition" at bottom of list and tap power key. Cache gets cleared. Then select "reboot system now" by tapping power key again. Done!

Thanks for the assist...apparently my timing must suck because I get stuck on the exclamation point screen.

***edit***

GEEEZ it must be my trex arms and fat fingers...that took FOREVER to get right but I did eventually get to the screen to wipe the cache partition. It was the up down volume that was the key. HTC said vol up only and it just wouldn't go with that. Thanks SolApathy!!
Last edited by rangergrrl; April 9th, 2014 at 09:47 AM. Reason: update
The Following User Says Thank You to rangergrrl For This Useful Post:
Granite1 (April 10th, 2014)