Originally Posted by amallon
I was using using ACR to record my calls but this has stopped working since the kitkat update. When I try to play calls back I get an annoying feedback noise. I've tried a load of other call recorders but they all have the same problem.
Can anyone recommend one that works with the kitkat version of the note 3.
Here is how to record your calls on the Note3
The app that beats all other apps I've tried is Total Recall. Get the free version to start with. When you are through with this, you will probably gleefully pay up the $9.95 for the pro version.
Next you need to root your phone.
- On your main copmuter, goto oneclickroot dot com, wait for the chat window to pop up, and tell them that you want them to root it for you (the Note3 is albeit trickier).
- After paying $29.95 (not the $19.95), you will be asked to download and install TeamViewer, a free screen connect program at teamviewer dot com.
- Then, oneclickroot will ask you for Teamviewer connect ID and password (changes every session).
- Then your screen will get weird (scary) as a guy in Pakistan takes over, as you watch your mouse cursur jump around and bring up a text editor for instant messaging, downloads some essential files, and instructs you to attach your phone via USB.
- He instructs you to turn on - settings/general/DeveloperOptions/USB debugging
- He goes to work. Then instructs you how to reboot the phone.
- You are done. You now have administrative privileges on your phone's operating system, giving you the power to see and modify ALL files, you OWN the device.
Setup Total Recall to use root privilege
- bring up total Recall
- hit menu (left of physical button), select Recording/RootedCallRecording (third choice down).
- hit "install'.
- Prepare to be delighted when you hear both sides of conversation at equal volume!