View Single Post
Old April 16th, 2014, 03:41 PM   #24 (permalink)
clsA

Device(s): iPhone 4S,HTC One
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksfan7 View Post
Yes. I'm meticulous at checking md5s. I check it after downloading as well as right before flashing every time.

I was in the white bootloader. After I flashed it, I fastboot reboot-bootloader. It booted to the white bootloader and I saw that it was HBOOT 1.56. I then proceeded with flashing the RUU.zip.

Yes. Definitely in RUU mode. Black screen w/ silver HTC. However, looking through your steps, I didn't fastboot erase cache before going into RUU mode. Could that cause the problem?

I actually thought of doing that but wasn't sure if I should. I don't know what each line of that text is for so wasn't sure if they could just be swapped out like that, in case there was a particular line that was specific for the RUU package. I'm probably over thinking this though. I tend to do that. This will most likely be the next thing I try. I'll try it using the decrypted RUU w/ the HBOOT & recovery images removed. That's the original goal in all of this.

In case that still doesn't work, I'm downloading the official RUU from AndroidRUU.com that cslA linked to above. I'll most likely extract the rom.zip first and flash it manually. I just wish there was md5 for that rom.zip that I could check against.

Not sure when I'll be able to find time to do this. NHL playoffs start tonight so my nights will be spent firmly planted in a barcalounger acting like a face-painting fool in various states of inebriation. Not a good state to be flashing things. But I'll post an update once I am able.

I know it sounds strange but extracting the rom.zip for that RUU will not work ... it gives some size mismatch error. But the decrypted one works .. i have flashed it 3 times on different phones (plus it's had over 100 downloads with no complaints)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to clsA For This Useful Post:
scotty85 (April 17th, 2014), sharksfan7 (April 16th, 2014)