View Single Post
Old April 17th, 2014, 05:07 AM   #28 (permalink)
scotty85
AF Addict

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanked 7,228 Times in 4,485 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksfan7 View Post
I actually thought of doing that but wasn't sure if I should. I don't know what each line of that text is for so wasn't sure if they could just be swapped out like that, in case there was a particular line that was specific for the RUU package. I'm probably over thinking this though. I tend to do that. This will most likely be the next thing I try. I'll try it using the decrypted RUU w/ the HBOOT & recovery images removed. That's the original goal in all of this.
Once your s off,the android info document is of much less importance. If the phone is not supercid,the cid and mid are really the only things of importance.

Swapping out the document that's giving you a hard time is a perfectly viable solution

On the inability to flash rom.zip,it may have something to do system images becoming larger,so they need broken down into smaller sizes. I broke down the European kk ruu,and found it to contain 5 seperate zip files,with 3 different system images

It coukd be for some reason these multiple image ruus need the utility to run them and make sure they're flashed properly.
donate to my device fund
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scotty85 For This Useful Post:
clsA (April 17th, 2014), sharksfan7 (April 17th, 2014)