Thread: Accessory Zerolemon Extended Battery
View Single Post
Old May 1st, 2014, 11:11 PM   #48 (permalink)
johnpjackson

Device(s): Galaxy Note 3
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by recDNA View Post
This business of letting the phone discharge all the way to 0 is too much trouble for me. What am I supposed to do if I need the phone when it finally croaks? I had made up my mind to buy a zerolemon until I read about this requirement in this thread

For 60 bucks if zerolemon requires a special. Charger or cable they should give it to you imo.
They only recommend that discharge to 0 for the first 6 charge cycles. I'd be surprised if you even needed to do it that many times to still get most/all of whatever 'conditioning' benefit that's supposed to result in. And otherwise, afterwards, the reading I've done about Lithium Ion batteries in general has led me to believe that performing a full recharge when the battery is only down at anywhere from 40-60% charge remaining is actually the best way to keep it performing its best. That's what I've been doing ever since getting my ZeroLemon when it first came out last fall and it's still performing great for me. I usually go somewhere between 48-72 hours between each full recharge. I plug it in to the factory charger before bed and it's completely ready to go again the next morning when I wake up. I don't think anyone could come up with a better battery solution for this device at all. The only thing anyone could complain about is that it's physically so big. But then again, that's the only way to do what it does, so you have to be willing to accept that. I'm a pretty big guy, big hands, etc., so it doesn't seem like a big deal to me. Everyone's different though