Originally Posted by Twilight24z
Hello, everyone and a HAPPY 2014 to you all!!! For those who own a Samsung Galaxy S4 and finds him/herself clogged with "RECENT" SMS-MMS messages and cannot delete ANY of them like I used to have this problem, this post is for you:
1) Go to the phone pad (DON'T LAUGH NOR SHAKE YOUR HEAD), you know, the area where you dial your seven to ten-digit phone number.
2) At the top center of the glass screen, press the "RECENT" button.
3) Press the "glass" MAIN MENU button and hit the "VIEW" option.
4) Under this great option, press "ALL CALLS AND MESSAGES" and it'll automatically take you to the "RECENT" (NOT THE SAME "RECENT" TAB IN THE SMS-MMS text section of your smartphone).
5) PRESS THE "MAIN MENU" ONCE MORE AND SELECT "DELETE" AND VOLIA: SUCCESS! ! ! The pain-in-the-rear clogged "RECENT" logs ARE ALL FINALLY GONE! ! ! FOLKS AND MODERATORS: PLEASE PASS THE WORD TO SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 OWNERS! ! !
As you will see, when you return to the message texting area and actually click the "RECENT" tab, you'll find it is ANCIENT HISTORY! ! !
God Bless You All! ! !
This doesn't work on many phones as they may not have a "RECENT" button. It is really simple to do by selecting the log button atop the screen and then looking quickly down in the white bottom margin on the left of the home button pressing that lit up little box that looks like an upside down in basket ? You get a new window that pops up at the bottom of the screen. It has 3 options, View, Delete, Call settings. Select Delete. Look back at the top of the list of logged recent calls and now there is a new box that says "Select All" Select that little box on the right of "Select All". Now way up at the very top you will see an option to "Cancel or Delete". Select "Delete" and poof, all your millions of logged recent Tf entries disappear. I believe this works on an S3 as well.