Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Queens, NY
Device(s): currently using...
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1,
Samsung Galaxy Note II
Sony NSZ-GS7 Google TV
Thanked 4,279 Times in 1,584 Posts
HTC EVO 4G Guide: Updated 1:25 EST 9/2/10
I am shamefully stealing Tridents forum specific guidelines and slightly modifying it for this forum. So please read the guidelines below.
Forum Specific Guidelines
Current set of Official Links
In response to the recent behavioral and organizational issues within the HTC EVO 4G forum, I have unfortunately been forced to make this post. Listed below are the new guidelines which you are expected to follow at all times.
- Look before posting a new thread! If you see anything similar then post in it instead.
- Use descriptive thread titles when creating a new thread.
- Don't make pointless rude/nonconstructive replies. "This thread sucks," etc.
- If someone comes here and asks a question, either answer it or don't reply at all.
- Stay on topic! Strive to make the topics meaningful by staying with the subject at hand in the first post.
- Listen to the Staff. if a staff members asked you to stop, then stop. Be it asking to reopen closed threads, starting a fight, etc.
- Name calling - don't do it, period! This needs to stop!
- Foul language - it needs to be used at a minimum. In some cases it's alright, but use your common sense.
Something like, "Damn, that's the shit!" - that's fine.
Now, something like, "Go **** yourself!" - That's not fine. Starred out or not.
- Using "Gay" - don't do it, period! This will not be tolerated.
- Be respectful to all members, ans staff all the time.
- If somebody is breaking the rules, there is a report button. Use it!
We always encourage you to report threads, unhelpful users, and anyone being malicious or rude.
Do not take it upon yourself to handle the situation, let an Administrator or Moderator deal with it. If you're not a staff member, don't act like one!
In case you didn't know, the report button looks like this and is located at the bottom left of every post:
- If there is a user really getting on your nerves, you can ignore them. To ignore a user, go to your User CP and in the left Nav Panel under Miscellaneous, select [Buddy / Ignore Lists], type the username you wish to ignore in the Ignore List blank and click [Update Ignore List]. Posts from users that you are ignoring are hidden from view when logged into the forums.
Please also take the time to review the Site Rules/ Guidelines
as well as the Zero Tolerance Policy
and consider this your forewarning.
To those of you who are active and helpful parts of the community, and those that are just looking for help, we apologize for letting it to get to this point. I would like to see the HTC EVO 4G forum go back to the friendly and welcoming place it was just a few weeks ago!
If you have any questions what so ever, I or any staff member will be more than happy to address those via PM.
Thank you for taking the time to read this and I can only hope that the problems discontinue.
Posting and you
Issues and Fixes Links
How To's - Both onsite and offsite
Additional Informative Links
- Official Sprint HTC EVO 4G Info FAQ
The one page where all facts and specs known to be accurate are placed in.
- Official EVO Rumors and Speculation
The discussion of rumors, speculations, and release dates that eventually are incorporated into the EVO Info FAQ if proven true. (And by proven true i mean confirmed by either Sprint, HTC, Google, BestBuy or anyone showing proof that said rumor is indeed a fact.)
- Official 4G/WiMax Coverage Areas
This thread discusses and outlines the current newly added 4G coverage areas.
- Official 4G/WiMax: what is it, why do we want it
This thread explains WiMax, what is it, and why we want it.
- Official Speed Test and WiMax Deployment Thread
This thread outlines all current WiMax deployments and speed tests.
- HTC EVO 4G
If your post does not fall under any of the above categories, please post your post in the main EVO section.
- The HTC EVO 4G unoffical Banter thread
This thread is where you will place jokes, youtube videos, way off topic stuff pertaiing to the EVO 4G. Just don't go crazy, because the rules still apply.
- Official EVO 4G Wallpaper thread
This thread is where you will place all EVO 4G wallpapers.
- EVO Screen Protectors Thread
This is one of two threads about screen protector/body screen info.
- Ultimate Screen Protector-Body Skin Thread
This is the second of two threads about screen protector/body screen info..
- All EVO Reviews
This thread is where you will all the reviews on the EVO.
- Best online store for HTC EVO 4G Accessories
This thread discusses the best online store for accessories.
- HTC EVO 4G on Wikipedia
The Wikipedia page for the EVO 4G.
- What apps to put on your EVO 4G
Our members list of which apps to put on your EVO 4G first.
- Paring your EVO with your Microsoft Sync System
Video showing how to pair your EVO with your cars' Microsoft Sync System.
- Size Comparison Video of the EVO 4G
Excellent unboxing of the EVO 4G and comparing its size with other phones.
- Sprint navigation TeleNav Video
Excellent video showing off the Sprint Navigation on the EVO
- Google I/O EVO 30 day free service letter
Official letter given to the Google I/O attendees which received a free EVO 4G, explaining their 30 day free service. Post # 3 below
- Sprint TV
Link discussing Sprint TV and the link to the channels offered
- Lets us peek at your screens
Show off your screens, widgets, app icons
If anyone feels that i missed a thread/topic/link or have more suggestions, feel free to pass them along to any staff member for review.
Members, want to make this place better, just ask
the staff. Remember, the "No' is always there, you are just looking for the "Yes". and please read the guidelines,
otherwise you may end up in Banlandia
Click below for image/list of devices...
Sony NSZ-GS7 Google TV Internet Player
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet (Android Version)
Notion Ink Adam