View Single Post
Old May 20th, 2010, 08:22 AM   #29 (permalink)
mihalich
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: South Orange County, CA
Posts: 425
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus (LTE) Motorola Droid 2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 61 Times in 29 Posts
Default

Quote:
I've played with this quite a bit. I got my ampache server set up and sharing to the global internet. I used no-ip to get a free domain name, etc. It works - somewhat.

The problem is all of my music mp3s are 320 kbps (ripped from CDs on the highest setting). I'd like to downgrade them on the fly, is this possible? There's one of the settings windows that has:

one of the windows shows some transcoding options, but I can't get it to work.
I'm sure there is a way to do it, but I haven't figured that out. The transcoding bitrate works perfectly when I'm converting wma or m4a to mp3. But when I turn on the mp3 to mp3 transcoding, it doesn't work...probably because no conversion is going on.

I had to turn on the mp3 to mp3 transcoding cuz some of my mp3's wouldn't play on the phone for some reason. I know they were streaming cuz someone with the palm app could play the song fine from my server. So my problem was either an issue with the android amdroid app, or something with the phone.

You might want to post that question over on the ampache forums.

Joe
mihalich is offline  
Reply With Quote