View Single Post
Old June 7th, 2010, 12:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
jamesjackson
Site Designer
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Android G1 - Cyanogen Mod 6.1 RC3
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Droid Comic Viewer: The best Comic viewer on the market. Hands down.

I love comics. I've loved comics since I can remember comics.

The problem for me with comics has always been that they're heavy, they get ruined over time and they are really hard to transport without tearing or ruining them in some other way. I've tried several different "Comic Readers" both inside and outside of Android, and have been disappointed by them all. I even tried reading my comics via PDF.

In the end, I just couldn't do it. It didn't flow like a comic book. Clicking and dragging and zooming and "nexting"... all of it destroyed the immersion factor for me. I couldn't get into the comics that I already knew and loved.

And then I tried Droid Comic Viewer. It's takes everything that's incredible about Android and packs it into the very first comic reader that has ever allowed me to enjoy comics the way they were meant to be. You can pinch to zoom, it supports a wide array of formats and has even replaced my Gallery app in some ways. Instead of scrolling through the pile of photos that Gallery gives me, I can just open up a folder of images and pass between them with Droid Comic Viewer (DCV).

In other words: this app has helped me in ways that the developer could never imagine. I was so immersed with this application that I lost a tear while reading Maus (Art Spiegelman) on it. I showed off the beautiful artwork of Black Hole (Charles Burns) to my friends. I was able to read comics on my phone.

I highly recommend this application to *any* comic enthusiast. I know you wont be disappointed.