View Single Post
Old November 7th, 2009, 10:04 PM   #73 (permalink)
throbinskin

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default App's Question

I have a question as far as compatibility ! I will be a free agent come December and will choose between the iphone or Droid....... I really want the Droid... So I am reading up on everything I can before I make my choice. I like that the Droid is an open source. But I worry about who is managing the apps.
Long story short ... I am lining up all my apps I want before I get the phone.. I see that I want the power manager, battery icon on home page, Locale, and many more................

My question is with all of these custom settings from locale, power manager, and other apps that can do custom settings on where I am etc. do these apps conflict with each other. I love to customize stuff. I use Firefox an a lot of times some of my extensions that I use to customize my browser conflict and conflict or crash the other tweeks I have added.
Is anyone finding this troublesome ? I love all the apps but wonder which one to download because there is not one that does all and a lot that seem to override each other on 1 or two tasks.

If I could write an app I would design one that does everything I like from many out there to keep it simple.... I'm loosing sleep just reading about all the apps.