View Single Post
Old June 11th, 2010, 03:15 AM   #72 (permalink)
ramicakl

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy35 View Post
When using these apps, is there a way to separate email and sms notificaitons? In the majority of profile apps that i've tried, "notifications" are bulked together so I cant personalize the volume or tone, individually..
This was my key problem and Bedside is how I got it to work for my purposes. The dev was great working with me via email to get things set up.

Basically, I want to be awakened when I receive SMS from one source, and want to sleep through phone calls and emails. Unfortunately, my unique SMS sender is from a computer with an email address, not from a phone number. Bedside dev said he'd look into being able to whitelist based on email address or on phone number instead of just phone number as it is now.

So, in Bedside, when it's enabled, it turns off sounds for all phone calls and emails and sends sound notification if there is an SMS message from anyone.

The key is to first silence all sounds on startup. Then configure calls as you want - I unchecked the Allow Calls option. Then, check to Allow SMS and either leave the whitelist unchecked to get ALL the SMS notifications or you can add specific contacts to the whitelist if the contacts use phone numbers to send SMS

I tried SMS popup, Profiles, both good apps. Bedside was the only one that lets me sleep at night unless I get an SMS message. At this point, it's OK if I just get my default sound for SMS.