Go Back   Android Forums > Android Development > Developer Forums

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 19th, 2011, 03:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
zeus17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 30
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default galaxy 551 i need help

i seriously need help on this phone
bought the phone second hand

did a master re4set thru
privacy etc..

before i did the reset there was no android market on the phone,tried accesing thru market.android.com over browser gave me an error..(forgot what it was...

been reading thru the web for days cant fnd a solution (well sorta found one thats why i am here)

phone hasnt been rooted yet,only isntalled terminal emulator
so to i can boot form recover
t+power doesnt work for me
but q+power works i can go to download mode

thinking of just doing a custom rom,...
thinkung of flashing it to perseus rom
since it is the newest one here,,

questions thou
will i be able to gain my android market back by doing so?
and is that rom already pre rooted?
pros and cons of that rom?

i know you have a bklog for that but its blocked @work..
i spend most of my time reading @work


thanks

Advertisements
zeus17 is offline  
sponsored links
Old December 19th, 2011, 09:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,925
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 486
Thanked 1,870 Times in 1,300 Posts
Default

1.)Yes ,You will get the market back since all my ROMs have market
2.)All my ROMs are pre-rooted
2.)Perseus has some cons .To start with it is ext4 and it's still unstable .Plus it's more of an advanced ROM for guys who will be using clockwork mod since ext needs to be checked every month to ensure proper working .
3.)Try the Arkas Einherjar (which has one bug with sports tracker apps which will be solved soon ) or Arkas Ganymede 3/4 (Closest to stock GB )
4.)If you are on Froyo then use Arkas 0.564 which is the most stable rom .
Tresezk is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Tresezk For This Useful Post:
zeus17 (December 20th, 2011)
Old December 20th, 2011, 03:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
zeus17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 30
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karandpr View Post
1.)Yes ,You will get the market back since all my ROMs have market
2.)All my ROMs are pre-rooted
2.)Perseus has some cons .To start with it is ext4 and it's still unstable .Plus it's more of an advanced ROM for guys who will be using clockwork mod since ext needs to be checked every month to ensure proper working .
3.)Try the Arkas Einherjar (which has one bug with sports tracker apps which will be solved soon ) or Arkas Ganymede 3/4 (Closest to stock GB )
4.)If you are on Froyo then use Arkas 0.564 which is the most stable rom .

by the way i like this phone has a good kick on it...

and question thou as welll,
hmmm...
new to droids..

will my phone respond faster if i switch to ganymede???

or will i be better off with arksas0.564??

by the way thanks for the prompt reply...
sad to say that this phone is a good phone,
with lerss support...hehehhehe

but thanks to this i found light and might be keepin the phone,,
zeus17 is offline  
Old December 20th, 2011, 08:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
zeus17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 30
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

were you referring to the ganymede 2 for gb 3/4???

id like to do gb since it is the latest but i am looking for a stable one,,
and doesnt suck batts juice too much i do travel a lot and need the gps and connectivity opitons,,,and good batt...

what rom you suggest???for my need???

thanks sir
zeus17 is offline  
Old December 20th, 2011, 11:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,925
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 486
Thanked 1,870 Times in 1,300 Posts
Default

Original Ganymede Froyo 0.4 or 0.433 Swashbucker .
Those are the only Battery efficient ROMs for Froyo
Your phone will be a lot smoother than stock ROM
However you need to root 0.4 .
0.433 is pre rooted .

Ganymede 3 will be GB Rom and stable and battery efficien but it has many hiitches .
btw you haven't mentioned your country .
If it is Europe/Asia then well and good
If it is South America I5510L then the instructions are a bit different
If it is North America I5510M then the instructions will be much different .

Cheers !!
Tresezk is offline  
Old December 23rd, 2011, 12:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
zeus17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 30
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karandpr View Post
Original Ganymede Froyo 0.4 or 0.433 Swashbucker .
Those are the only Battery efficient ROMs for Froyo
Your phone will be a lot smoother than stock ROM
However you need to root 0.4 .
0.433 is pre rooted .

Ganymede 3 will be GB Rom and stable and battery efficien but it has many hiitches .
btw you haven't mentioned your country .
If it is Europe/Asia then well and good
If it is South America I5510L then the instructions are a bit different
If it is North America I5510M then the instructions will be much different .

Cheers !!
thanks man happy holidays!

will be flashing the swashbucker thing later hopefully nothing goes wrong.,..

i am in the philippines,asia...

just forund why i dont have market on my phone,cause i have an arab software....

more power to you will be posting after i am done with flashing,...
zeus17 is offline  
Old December 23rd, 2011, 03:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
zeus17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 30
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

if its not much too ask can you attach the files i need here on the forums to flash my phone to the custom rom 0.433
since ai am not sure of which files to really download...
asia region philippines in particular...
...i will be following instructions on the noob custom rom on this forums as well...thanks...
zeus17 is offline  
Last edited by zeus17; December 23rd, 2011 at 03:25 PM.
Old December 23rd, 2011, 10:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,925
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 486
Thanked 1,870 Times in 1,300 Posts
Default

I cant "attach" the software but can tell you the links .

http://galaxy551.wikispaces.com/Odin+Flashing .

It has Odin and Callisto.ops

0.433 is a huge improvement over stock ROMs .But If you install Stock Gingerbread ,it is tremendous improvement over 0.433 Swashbuckler .

Does Gingerbread support your phone .
Yes it does .
I know someone from Phillipines is using Stock Gingerbread .
It's like this

Stock Froyo < 0.4 <= 0.433 < 0.564 < 0.5 < 0.533 < Stock GB < 1.2 < 0.6 < 0.6ext2 < Perseus 2 <= 1.5 < Perseus XT4 < Perseus X

Feel Free to ask more questions
Tresezk is offline  
Old December 24th, 2011, 04:19 AM   #9 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
zeus17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 30
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

heheheh will be doing 0.422 first then gb
zeus17 is offline  
Old December 24th, 2011, 12:00 PM   #10 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
zeus17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 30
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karandpr View Post
I cant "attach" the software but can tell you the links .

http://galaxy551.wikispaces.com/Odin+Flashing .

It has Odin and Callisto.ops

0.433 is a huge improvement over stock ROMs .But If you install Stock Gingerbread ,it is tremendous improvement over 0.433 Swashbuckler .

Does Gingerbread support your phone .
Yes it does .
I know someone from Phillipines is using Stock Gingerbread .
It's like this

Stock Froyo < 0.4 <= 0.433 < 0.564 < 0.5 < 0.533 < Stock GB < 1.2 < 0.6 < 0.6ext2 < Perseus 2 <= 1.5 < Perseus XT4 < Perseus X

Feel Free to ask more questions

now you know 2 people running on official gb..
hehehhehe

thanks for the great tutorial...

any links???
gb works great on the 551,keyboard issue thou on the hard keyboard the ? sign gives a different symbol,well can live with that...

edit..

already rooted my phone...

i used the update .zip that was attached on the all about rooting thread...
heck a lot more easier than superoneclick,,

hehehhee

thanks,,,

hmmm...

now i am just waiting for a far more efficient gb rom from enigma
zeus17 is offline  
Last edited by zeus17; December 25th, 2011 at 03:06 PM.
sponsored links
Closed Thread


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Development > Developer Forums
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:37 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.