Data2Ext for A73
As you all know that Data2Ext is able to give huge boost to internal memory.You can get upto 1gb internal memory (as said data2ext to be work best with upto 1gb).
I don't own this device personally n can't test the script. So the script has been tested n reported working by shahabazas
Script best works after a fresh rom install or factory reset.I would recommend to test the zip after a factory reset.
- Rooted rom
- boot.img with init.d support
- CWM recovery to flash zips n more imp, to take nandroid back up
- busybox installed to xbin
- 2nd partition on sdcard with ext2 filesystem
How to Install (For Normal Users):
First of all, Back up your current rom using the CWM recovery
1) Install Link2Sd
2) Open it n create mount script for ext2
3) Reboot the device n open link2sd
4) Check whether 2nd partition is mounted (Storage info)
5) If yes, then proceed to Step-2
1) Download MountScript_A75_by_Mastermind.zip from below & dump it to sdcard root
2) Reboot to recovery & Install zip from sdcard
3) Reboot system
4) Open Terminal Emulator in phone OR adb shell from PC
5) Apply command "cat /proc/mounts" & then "cat /proc/filesystems" without quotes
6) In mount command you should see "/dev/block/mmcblk0p2"
7) And in filesystems it should show ext2 at the end
8) If you get these responses then proceed to Step-2
9) If no, then open RootExplorer, Go to /data and create a folder named sdext2
10) Reboot n check again, it should mount sdext now
11) Proceed to Step-2
1) Download flashable zip file Data2ext_A75_by_Mastermind.zip
2) Dump that zip to root of sdcard
3) Reboot into recovery (CWM recovery)
4) Install zip from sdcard
5) When shows Install Complete, Reboot system.
After doing these steps even ur 2nd partition don't get mounted then see the steps of Advanced user's method below for troubleshooting. Re-check permissions of the files as described below in manual method section.
Install Rom Manager form Play Store and use "Fix Permissions" option.It will do the rest.
Manual Method of Installation (For Advanced Users):
Get both my flashable zips n extract them.Use any root browser for following steps.
1) First from MountScript zip,
- Get install-recovery.sh n put it in /system/etc/ and permissions to 755(rwxr-xr-x) or 777(rwxrwxrwx) and ownership to 0-root, 0-root
- Then ext2.ko module to /system/lib/modules/ n permissions rw-r--r-- & ownership to 0-root, 0-root
- Now go to /data n create a folder named sdext2
- Check whether 2nd partition is mounted or not.
- After successfull mounting only go to step-2
2) from Data2Ext zip,
- Get busybox_d2sd n put in /system/xbin/ n permissions rwxr-xr-x & ownership to 0-root, 2000-shell
- Get e2fsck n put in /system/bin/ n permisions to rwxr-xr-x & ownership to 0-root, 2000-shell
- Get all init.d scripts n put them in /system/etc/init.d/ n permission for all to 777 that is rwxrwxrwx & ownership to 0-root, 0-root
Preferably you should flash this after a factory reset but should work without reset too.
Best work after factory reset.If u have tried script already n didn't work,n u want to give a try again after factory reset then please remove 02data2ext script from /system/etc/init.d/ first...n ya, backup ur imp data...
(Contains mount script and ext2 module)
(Contains data2ext script & necessary binaries)
3) Stock rom boot.img with init.d support by Mastermind
-Lenovo A60 devs for that great ics rom with data2ext script
-Sagarwep for bringing that rom to A75
-Shahabazas for letting us know about the script
-ME for porting the script to A75 stock rom n now for A73
stock rom too
-You may receive some force close errors on 1st boot, its normal, just give the rom some time n reboot, u will be fine.
I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns before flashing! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
BETTER ALTERNATIVE TO THIS METHOD...EASY N UNIVERSAL.
[A2SD|D2SD|INT2EXT]Universal Method to Increase Internal Memory