December 27th, 2012, 03:45 AM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Dec 2012
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Micromax A 87 Root & UnRoot Query
To give a start ,I’m new to Android world. I’ve bought Micromax A87 about 2 weeks ago and like others even I tried to Root the phone for
better performance, unfotunately I was unable to do. Please see below for the steps I followd and would require your expertise help to
rectify/resolve. Your help will be higlly appreciated. Thanks for your Support.
1. Initally I installed Gingerbreak v1.2 to phone & tried to Root, USB debugging was enabled and SD card was mounted, I rooted but ultimate result was not successful ( Rootiing was in process) and later I realized that in order to view USB debuging connected in Android, USB Theatring should be enabled in phone and this process was failure.
2. Have downlaed java JDK 64 bit, Android SDK, Unlock root exe, Adb_usb_ini, and Micromax A87 drivers (from micromax website)
3. Tried to Root using Unlock root v3, displayed a waring message “Device already rooted, do you want to root” I rooted and it asked to install Batery saver and Super user App, I’ve installed both of them to phone, and the phone was booted automatically, my question here is I can see the Super user App , but when I checked in Root checker it displayed “ Device does not have proper root access” I realized this is not completely rooted, later I installed Titanium backup but throwed an error “ I did not acquire Root previlige” then it got confirmed device is not rooted properly.
4. Even checked with Superone click, however at step # 7 it has stopped ( awaitig sheel root permision) and didn’t moved further.
5. I tried to UnRoot using Unlock root exe, but it stops at “ adb Sheel root pemisson this may take several minutes” waited for about 10 mins but noting happened.
6. Do we need to partion SD card OR the App Swapper and Swapper2 will do. ( guide how to Partion SD card)
Mates please help me, can I Re-root again, OR do I need to Unroot first and Re-Root. Also advice which method to follow for Root and Unroot.
Last edited by prashyy; December 27th, 2012 at 05:07 AM.
Reason: Missed first part