January 23rd, 2013, 01:12 AM
Join Date: May 2012
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
XT603 root for lazy people, including the latest update from 2013 ...
Originally Posted by ChCoHa
I'll make this quick. I followed instructions using the recently posted script with no issues running Windows 7 32bit. To anyone that still wants to know, these are the exact steps I took to root the phone.
(1) Download and install the Android SDK. Just Google "download android SDK" and the first NON sponsored link should be it. Once it's installed I went ahead and agreed to open the SDK manager.
The manager is used to install additional packages. I DO NOT KNOW IF THEY ARE REQUIRED but I installed "Android SDK Platform-tools"; under Android 2.3.3 I checked the "SDK Platform"; and at the very bottom under Extras I checked "Google USB Driver".
Then you have to hit "Install X Packages" where X is whatever number you have selected. For me it was 3. Once you hit the install button you have to make sure and hit "accept" or "accept all" and hit Install AGAIN.
I then closed everything and rebooted.
(2) While the PC was restarting, I went on the phone and turned on USB Debugging, Enable non-market apps, and waited for the computer to come back up.
(3) I connected my phone up and immediately changed it to CHARGE ONLY (aka NONE). I then waited a few minutes to let windows driver installer do its thing. I unplugged it, waited a second till everything calmed down, then plugged it back in to ensure all drivers were installed without any errors from Win7.
(4) Then I downloaded ccrbrian's zip file.
*YOU DO NOT NEED TO DOWNLOAD ANYTHING FROM MyDroidWorld.com. *
ccrbrian's file has EVERYTHING you need. Just download it to the desktop, unzip and open the folder.
(5) You have to run the program as admin. So find the file simply called "Run" and RIGHT CLICK it. Click "Run as Administrator..."
A command window will pop up. MAKE SURE YOUR PHONE IS STILL CONNECTED. Then press any key and the script will do the rest. The phone will restart 2 separate times. The second time it will tell you to press any key to close and then you are done.
This was great. I only got this to speed up performance and enhance the overall experience by getting rid of the crapware. No Wi-Fi tethering, but if anyone has suggestions on really, really cleaning house on this phone down to the essentials, please share with me.
I DID NOT DO ANY WORK. I SIMPLY WROTE THE UPDATED INSTRUCTIONS. All thanks should go to SanDiegoStevo, ccrbrian and anyone else that contributed to this process that I didn't mention.
Thank you all and I hope this helps some of you!
January 2013 update:
The "run" file didn't work for me (it was damaged, if you can believe that) so I took it and I wrote a new batch file, and I also corrected some mistakes.
You can follow all the instructions above if you want, or you can simply use my updated file ... MotoROOT.bat
It supposedly should work on all Motorola phones, but I can't verify that.
Anyway, see attachment for the complete package, with MotoROOT.bat -->> Please run it in Admistrator Mode !!!
The same thing I was also posted here
, but the file was compressed with RAR. There are no differences between the files inside these archives.
Last edited by peryp9; January 23rd, 2013 at 06:44 AM.