I follow the instructions:
1. Download http://goo.gl/3z64A
(Odin) and http://k0nane.info/rom/indulge-drivers.exe
2. Install the drivers. There's not much to it.
3. Follow the steps to enter download mode at [ACS] THE ODIN THREAD: Return to stock
OR in short:
a. Turn the phone all the way off, then remove and replace the battery and make sure the usb cable is unplugged.
b. Plug the computer end of the cable into your computer.
c. Hold down the Camera button, tightly. The Camera button is kinda flimsy.
d. While still holding down the Camera button, plug the usb cable into your phone.
e. Wait a few seconds. You should be at a screen warning you about how custom roms are dangerous to your warranty. You already know that, so hit Volume Up.
4. On your computer, extract Odin and open it.
5. Without touching any other options (don't do it, I'm not helping if you do,) click the OPS button and select the .ops file in the same folder as Odin.
6. Click PDA and select the cwm tar I posted in this thread and just click OK when it warns about an "invalid image."
7. Click Start and wait.
8. If your phone reboots, you have CWM installed and can boot into it by holding Volume Down and Back while turning on the phone. If the green bar with the timer doesn't move after about a minute, take your battery out and start over.
Powered up with the button combo and is says CWM based recovery v184.108.40.206 with 9 options to choose from. Is this the menu I use to backup my current phone state. If so, how do I locate that backup file and transfer it to my laptop or additional storage for safe keeping just in case.
From my understanding this is how you can flash roms to your phone too. Is that what "Install zip from sdcard" is? I have read so much about this CWM but I really need to talk to someone who has used it before so I can learn how too. Can I have multiple backups?
Any input would be appreciated.