November 15th, 2011, 03:38 PM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Illinois, US
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Nexus; LG Spectrum
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Thanked 1,172 Times in 469 Posts
No facebook app on Kindle Fire
The "Facebook" Icon on the kindle fire only links you to the facebook.com webpage.
Here is the official "Facebook for Android" app (attached).
1. Tap the notification bar and press More...(+)
2. Go to Device
3. Tap "Allow Installation of Applications" ON should now be highlighted in orange.
4. Go to the amazon store and type "AndroXplorer" install it...(Its free)
5. Connect USB to your kindle and drag and drop the attached APK to your kindle.
6. Open AndroXplorer choose "sdcard"
7. Find the apk and Install.
Update: Its not perfect, may force close a couple times after reboot, but it works..
Update 2: Facebook Messenger is the com.facebook.orca-1.apk This also seems to work okay.
I'm special as hell!
LG VX8300>LG Decoy>LG Dare>LG Ally>Droid2>LG Ally>HTC Droid Incredible>HTC Thunderbolt>HTC Droid Incredible>Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Originally Posted by Trident
You're so banned when I get back from breakfast...
I'm located in: Computers&IT, LG Ally, HTC Droid Incredible; AllyIRC My Blog
button, and please consider donating to my energy drink fund.
Last edited by death2all110; November 15th, 2011 at 04:28 PM.