From Feeldennis ((Solution) Yahoo messenger log in problem invali... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
Yahoo messenger log in problem invalid username/password.
Hello every one, I have had the problem of logging into my yahoo messenger on my blackberry for the past 3 months. I checked all the forums on line but to no avail.
This was the problem, I could not sign in, it tells me invalid username/password. I reinstalled the app so many times. I changed my password as well to see if it was a problem with my cached password that that was not updated on the phone.
I could sign in on my phone into yahoo messenger with other apps and on my desktop but not on the yahoo messenger app. I could sign in with other yahoo id’s but not mine. Black berry tech support asked me to format my phone and reinstall the OS, still that did not work. On line I saw lots of people had the same problem as me.
This was the solution to the problem.
1. Log into your yahoo mail via a computer.
2. Top left of the page under your email address on the drop down menu go to account info page.
3. On the account information page under the heading “sign in and security” click on “manage apps and website connections”
4. This page shows the websites and applications that you have authorized to access your Yahoo! Account. Delete all of them, they would be recreated once your log into yahoo via your portable devices or apps etc. possible there were multiple entries and some conflict.
5. Now try and log into your yahoo messenger via your blackberry using the yahoo app messenger.
6. This worked for me like a charm.( most people think you always get the password wrong that’s why we could not log in.)
Ps. If this was useful, kindly give me a kudos and leave a reply.