Go Back   Android Forums > Android Discussion > Android Applications
Android Applications All the information you could ever want about Android Applications. Learn about apps and get help with them... all here! New apps can be found and announced in the Applications Announcements forum linked below.

Find everything you need for the Galaxy S5 and discuss it in our S5 forum!
Have you seen that OnePlus One's awesome camera?? The forum is over here!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 10th, 2011, 09:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default EVIL OPERATOR released for Android!

Get up on this before its to late

** From my understanding, this app was only for the Iphone, but got released for Android as of today.**

CREATORS OF PRANKDIAL APP

Evil Operator has just been released and you can pick it up in the marketplace! Just search "evil operator". Evil operator allows you to connect two people into a conversation making them think they called each other. The results can be down right hilarious! !

Carlos7667 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 10th, 2011, 09:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
amlothi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,186
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 35
Thanked 202 Times in 155 Posts
Default

*Sigh*

I was really hoping that the type of people who choose Android phones would be above childish joke apps that are so common on the iPhone (e.g. the fart noise app).

When it comes down to it, people should point at this as proof that we really aren't "better" than the iPhone community, no matter what we would like to think.
__________________
Please search the forums.
Need Tasker Help?
Having Battery problems?
amlothi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 10:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Aggie12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 1,682
 
Device(s): Droid X ~ GB
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 150
Thanked 479 Times in 377 Posts
Default

I didn't know we thought we were so high and mighty. Its good to have a laugh every now and then.
__________________
Have you ever been so far even as decided to use go want to look more like?
If you feel I have helped please click the thanks button!
Questions about using your mac with your phone? Let me know.
Aggie12 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aggie12 For This Useful Post:
durps (January 10th, 2011), necosino (January 11th, 2011)
Old January 10th, 2011, 10:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 84
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 35
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amlothi View Post
*Sigh*

I was really hoping that the type of people who choose Android phones would be above childish joke apps that are so common on the iPhone (e.g. the fart noise app).

When it comes down to it, people should point at this as proof that we really aren't "better" than the iPhone community, no matter what we would like to think.
Are you kidding me? There are millions of people on Android and you mean to tell me that you hope all of the people that chose Android would be above childish jokes? You do know that a lot of children chose Android as their platform as well, not every person which isn't tech savvy prefers the iphone. Have a laugh once in a while, sheesh.

And no one ever declared that the Android community is "better" than the iphone community. Sure, we like to think so because we own Android devices, but at the end of the day it's down to which platform suits YOU and which community YOU'RE supporting. Wether it be Android, iOS, BB, Symbian, or Treo, and all the other operating systems.
durps is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 11:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
amlothi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,186
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 35
Thanked 202 Times in 155 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by durps View Post
Sure, we like to think so because we own Android devices
Exactly. We like to think so. That's my point.

We like to think we are better, but then we go and copy these kind of craptastic iPhone apps. Really, that's just the lowest form of imitation at that point.

So yeah, don't get angry next time this happens:

Ever been called FAKE iPhone?


BTW, if you want to argue that we really don't think we are better than people with iPhones, you should read through that thread.
amlothi is offline  
Last edited by amlothi; January 10th, 2011 at 11:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 11:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 84
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 35
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amlothi View Post
Exactly. We like to think so. That's my point.

We like to think we are better, but then we go and copy these kind of craptastic iPhone apps. Really, that's just the lowest form of imitation at that point.

So yeah, don't get angry next time this happens:

Ever been called FAKE iPhone?


BTW, if you want to argue that we really don't think we are better than people with iPhones, you should read through that thread.
So just because of a silly app, there's proof that Android isn't really better than iphone? I understand fragmentation or something else, but a silly app?

Edit: And speak for yourself, I don't know what you mean by saying that "we" really think we are better than people with iphones. I said we like to think, that's it. Not that most of us go aroind say ANDROID IS BETERRR! I care about what I think and I think Android is a great platform and I see it to be more useful to me than other operating systems, but I will never claim that Android is better than iphone or anything else because other people's experiences may differ from mine. So care about what you think, but don't go saying that a small app proves that one operating system is inferior to the other.
durps is offline  
Last edited by durps; January 11th, 2011 at 12:03 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2011, 01:06 AM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
amlothi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,186
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 35
Thanked 202 Times in 155 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by durps View Post
So just because of a silly app, there's proof that Android isn't really better than iphone?
Since when were we discussing whether Android is better than iPhone? This is a straw man argument. I didn't say one was better than the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by durps View Post
And speak for yourself, I don't know what you mean by saying that "we" really think we are better than people with iphones.
I'm glad you don't know what it means, because I never said that.


Quote:
Originally Posted by durps View Post
I said we like to think, that's it.
As did I.


Quote:
Originally Posted by amlothi View Post
no matter what we would like to think
Quote:
Originally Posted by durps View Post
Sure, we like to think so because we own Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by amlothi View Post
Exactly. We like to think so. That's my point.


Perhaps you could explain what you are trying to argue about. If you read the thread, we are saying the exact same thing.


Quote:
Originally Posted by durps View Post
but don't go saying that a small app proves that one operating system is inferior to the other.
Ok. I won't say that. I didn't say it before, but thanks "mom" for your great advice.



iPhone is a popular fad, and is especially popular amongst those people who 1) don't know much about technology, and 2) are easily swayed by advertisements.

Read that carefully before you jump on me again. I didn't say that ALL iPhone people meet that description. I said that people who are like that already are attracted to the iPhone.


The people I know who have Android phones did their research and took a long time deciding which type of phone to get. They didn't buy Android because it's the "it" phone.

So, yes, I'll say it again. I'd like to think that the above is representative of the Android populations, and that those same careful, thorough, mature decision makers would be "above" prank call apps and the like.

I know that it isn't true. I guess I was just hoping it was true.

There are many threads/apps out there that make me feel this way. This particular thread just happens to be the one that spurred me to actually post my disappointment.
amlothi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2011, 02:14 AM   #8 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 84
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 35
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amlothi View Post
Since when were we discussing whether Android is better than iPhone? This is a straw man argument. I didn't say one was better than the other.



I'm glad you don't know what it means, because I never said that.




As did I.










Perhaps you could explain what you are trying to argue about. If you read the thread, we are saying the exact same thing.




Ok. I won't say that. I didn't say it before, but thanks "mom" for your great advice.



iPhone is a popular fad, and is especially popular amongst those people who 1) don't know much about technology, and 2) are easily swayed by advertisements.

Read that carefully before you jump on me again. I didn't say that ALL iPhone people meet that description. I said that people who are like that already are attracted to the iPhone.


The people I know who have Android phones did their research and took a long time deciding which type of phone to get. They didn't buy Android because it's the "it" phone.

So, yes, I'll say it again. I'd like to think that the above is representative of the Android populations, and that those same careful, thorough, mature decision makers would be "above" prank call apps and the like.

I know that it isn't true. I guess I was just hoping it was true.

There are many threads/apps out there that make me feel this way. This particular thread just happens to be the one that spurred me to actually post my disappointment.
Too long to even reply back to all that nonsense. And I'm a male and 19 years old "Grandpa", if you're under 40 years old, you must live a miserable life. If you're older than that, that old man grumpyness is sure kicking in.
I'm just still shocked that you can't have a laugh. I'll be the mature one and walk away though, don't want this getting locked just because you have a horrible sense of humour and hope the MILLIONS of users of Android would be above childish joke apps.
durps is offline  
Last edited by durps; January 11th, 2011 at 02:16 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2011, 06:18 AM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
amlothi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,186
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 35
Thanked 202 Times in 155 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by durps View Post
I'm a male and 19 years old "Grandpa"
Hey Junior, did you see that thing on the news? They called it an Eye Phone thingy or something. It's some kind of phone you can see the person calling you. You can see right through the phone! They said these Phone Eyes are popular among kids your age. Maybe you should get one?
amlothi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2011, 01:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 26
 
Device(s): Samsung Fascinate
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

people that worry about this kind of stuff need a girlfriend or a life, come on guys its a phone/toy for god sakes
steelheadcrazy is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 11th, 2011, 02:54 PM   #11 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 84
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 35
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amlothi View Post
Hey Junior, did you see that thing on the news? They called it an Eye Phone thingy or something. It's some kind of phone you can see the person calling you. You can see right through the phone! They said these Phone Eyes are popular among kids your age. Maybe you should get one?

Wow, so you're deffinately mature for your age grandpa.
And nah, I'll stick to my G2. The older brother of the phone that started Android's legacy.
durps is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2011, 10:26 PM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
amlothi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,186
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 35
Thanked 202 Times in 155 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelheadcrazy View Post
people that worry about this kind of stuff need a girlfriend or a life, come on guys its a phone/toy for god sakes
Prank calls may be against the law in some places. Check your local legal resources.

PRANK CALLS and the LAW

This app is not simply a game or a toy. Angry Birds makes my phone a toy. I have no problem with Angry Birds. The only victims are imaginary green pigs.
amlothi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2011, 12:00 AM   #13 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Aggie12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 1,682
 
Device(s): Droid X ~ GB
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 150
Thanked 479 Times in 377 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amlothi View Post
Prank calls may be against the law in some places. Check your local legal resources.

PRANK CALLS and the LAW

This app is not simply a game or a toy. Angry Birds makes my phone a toy. I have no problem with Angry Birds. The only victims are imaginary green pigs.
Wow. you play angry birds. Geez. I can't believe they have such a childish game on my highly refined android market. I mean come on did they have to bring the immaturity over from iOS. /sarcasm I know I shouldn't feed the trolls though.
Aggie12 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Discussion > Android Applications
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:03 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.