In light of the multiple people asking the same question ("How do I set up SIPDroid with Google Voice?" and other variations), I've decided to write the HOW-TO/FAQ/Guide/etc.
Basically, the goal here is to be able to make and receive calls WITHOUT using your cell minutes, or to turn your non-phone Android device into a phone. The steps are pretty easy, but can be confusing.
Here we go:
1) Set up your Google account for Google Voice. To do this, go to Google Voice Page
. Walk through all the steps there FIRST.
2) Now, you MUST download onto your device the OFFICIAL Google Voice app onto your device. Not GV, not GVoice or any of the other variants. Here is the market URL: Official Google Voice App
3) Step through the configuration for Google Voice after installation. It's really up to you if you want to use Google Voice as your voice mail or not. I prefer it, it's free Visual Voice Mail, and transcribes your VM's, and has a lot of other features
4) Now, go to the market, and download SIPDroid. You must use SIPDroid to set up the initial trunking, since with the pbxes interface, only Pro members can set up a GVoice trunk. But, you MUST have completed step 2 & 3 above FIRST. Here is the market URL: SIPDroid
5) Start SIPDroid. On the bottom of the screen, you should see a "New PBX linked to my Google Voice". Touch that. If you do not see it, uninstall SIPDroid, uninstall Google Voice, and start over.
6) A dialog will show, for "Create New Account".
7) PBXes Name: This does not have to be the same as your Google account, and I would advise to keep it the same, only because it's simpler.
8) Google Voice Name: Already filled in for you. If not, uninstall SIPDroid and Google Voice, and start over.
9) Password: This is your new PBXes password. Not your Google Password. Your Google Password comes next.
10) After touching "Next", it should ask for permission to access your Google credentials. Allow it.
* Caveat, your Google username and password will be stored on pbxes.org!! While, I've found no reason to not trust PBXes, you should be aware of this. Some people suggest to create a separate Google Account for this.
11) Congrats! SIPDroid should be all set, and the initial set up on PBXes is done. However, we're not quite there yet.
12) Log into PBXes.org, using the pbxes login and password you created here. I don't know why, but you will fail auth if you don't log into PBXes first.
Your SIPDroid client and PBXes Account should be all set to go now. Enjoy!
If you have questions, or see this Guide is borked, post in this thread, do NOT PM me in regards to this FAQ. Corrections I see posted about in this thread will get resolved quickly.
vr 1 - Initial writeup (3/15/2011)
* Done from memory, my phone is not available for this right now, so it may contain errors (Probably does).