Go Back   Android Forums > Android Discussion > Android Applications
Android Applications All the information you could ever want about Android Applications. Learn about apps and get help with them... all here! New apps can be found and announced in the Applications Announcements forum linked below.

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old July 6th, 2011, 01:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default How to Attach Text Files to E-Mail???

I have a Maylong M-250 tablet running Android 2.2.

Dowloaded Notepad v1.3.7 app from the Android app store. Does anytone know if there is a any place where I can find instructions about the features of the application?

Specifically, what I need to find out is if there is a way to copy text, and to cut and paste text. Can I use any keyboard shortcuts to do things like this?

But the most important thing I need is a way to access the files I save using Notepad, and to send those files by e-mail. Right now, when I try to attach a text file that I have created in Notepad to an e-mail that I send from my GMail account, I get a window that says "No Media Found." (In other words, when I click the "Choose File" button when composing an e-mail on GMail, expecting to see a list of files from which I can choose one to attach, instead I get a black screen with the words "No Media Found."

I'm not sure why I'm not able to browse through files to find the Notepad-created file, and attach it the same way I would attach a text file on my other computers.

The Maylong M-250 does not come with any kind of text editor or word processing program, so I was hoping to use the Notepad program to create documents that I could attach to e-mails and send.

Any help that anyone can give would be appreciated!

Advertisements
stjamesdawson is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old July 6th, 2011, 09:58 AM   #2 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 5,867
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 634 Times in 538 Posts
Default

Quote:
Does anytone know if there is a any place where I can find instructions about the features of the application?
There really aren't user manuals for android apps. Most of them are so simple, you shouldn't need instructions. If you still need help, contact the developer.

Quote:
Specifically, what I need to find out is if there is a way to copy text, and to cut and paste text. Can I use any keyboard shortcuts to do things like this?
Copying and pasting is done through the OS, not the app. Just long press what you want to copy, then long press when you want to paste it.

Quote:
But the most important thing I need is a way to access the files I save using Notepad, and to send those files by e-mail. Right now, when I try to attach a text file that I have created in Notepad to an e-mail that I send from my GMail account, I get a window that says "No Media Found." (In other words, when I click the "Choose File" button when composing an e-mail on GMail, expecting to see a list of files from which I can choose one to attach, instead I get a black screen with the words "No Media Found."
Are you sure you actually saved the file in the app? You can always use Astro file manager and search for it, you can also send it by email through Astro as well.
sitlet is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2011, 01:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
tcat007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,723
 
Device(s): Nexus 7, 16gb (GrooveIP, T-mobile Hotspot device)
Carrier: none

Thanks: 66
Thanked 259 Times in 239 Posts
Default

I use "Melon", but most note apps will do this, just long press your note and a "share" option should appear, share with Gmail (or whatever email app you have) and it will attach to an email ready for sending.
tcat007 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply
Tags
2.2, android, attachments, e-mail, editor, notepad, text


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Discussion > Android Applications
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:05 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.