Thanks for the reply!
Originally Posted by amlothi
Note that, when you use a Wait command, it only queues the following actions. The "Resume" action will occur 2 minutes later, regardless of whether the context (Display Off) is still true.
Ah, I think you may have it there. That might explain the strange behaviour I've been getting. It seems to enable or disable widgetlocker sometimes, and on others it doesn't. I couldn't figure out why.
Could you be more specific? What part didn't work?
Well when using suspend and resume, widgetlocker was resumed, but in tool mode. After that I tried enable/disable. It worked once, and then wouldn't work again.
You could also try:
Display off > Set Variable %WLSWITCH = 1, Wait 2 minutes, Set Variable %WLSWITCH =0
Variable Value (%WLSWITCH =1)
Enter Task > Disable WL
Exit Task > Enable WL
Ok I see what you did there. As someone new to tasker, and new to androids in general, this level of customization is pretty mind-boggling, but I can see the learning curve with tasker is pretty steep.
So basically when the display turns off, the variable wlswitch is set to 1, and after 2 minutes to 0.
When wlswitch is at 1, wl is disabled
But it still doesn't work! Tasker tells me I have no active profiles and wl is seemingly randomly disabled or enabled.
I added another profile:
Display On > Set Variable WLSWITCH to 0
But I still get the same result: random locking and unlocking
I'm thinking that tasker sets the value to 0 after the 2 minutes is up regardless of whether the display is on or off, and this is screwing with the system. I can't be the only person to try this with widgetlocker!