February 8th, 2010, 02:07 AM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Feb 2010
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Motorola Milestone - Questions/Problems
This is my first Android based phone and I have some important questions (based on my personal knowledge of course):
1. Is there a PC program out there that would do the work of PC Suite for Nokia phones? i.e. backup phone through wire, update phone through wire, connect phone to computer and reply to sms’s through computer, synchronize contacts with Outlook and appointments and not wait to get an internet connection?
2. How can I enable alarm when phone is off?
3. I use open home – however it crashes a lot of times… is there another software, or we should stick to the one on the phone with 3 screens?
4. I tried to update my phone however it was saying that server was not responding. Can I do the update through usb?
5. How can I add birthday information to a contact?
6. If I use 3rd party applications for example “better keyboard” would it have any impact on the phone and overall work? Or it is ok to replace the default programs with anything else?
7. I tried to install Talk to ME keyboard, but it says that I don’t have Google voice… Is there another application that would do that work without Google voice?
These for now after 3 days of use of the phone! I suppose I won’t get a reply for all , but on the other side, I don’t have anywhere else to ask except from you guys that are experts on these things!