August 2nd, 2012, 10:17 PM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Device(s): Samsung Captivate on Rogers
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Weather app with push notifications for Canada
Are there any weather applications that provide push notifications for severe weather in Canada?
In addition, it would be good if it had the following:
- Hourly forecast
- Nice widget that's customizable
- A forecast that's somewhat reliable
- Forecasts for more than one location
- Widget that shows current conditions as well as high/low for the day
- Widget that shows if there are any alerts
I've looked at a lot of weather apps and none of them seem to have it all and also work in Canada. For example:
- Weather Bug - Has severe weather alerts for Canada but no push notifications. The forecast is also consistently incorrect. (Things I've noticed: It forecasts about 5 degrees Celcius less than all the other apps. Also, it says 90% rain on days when it doesn't rain and other apps aren't forecasting rain.)
- BeWeather - Severe weather alerts are only for US.
- EmWeather - Ugly. Only supports selection of one location at a time.
- GoWeather EX - Widget isn't customizable. Forecast not very detailed. No severe weather alerts.
- HD Widgets - No severe weather alerts. Only supports a single location at a time. No hourly or detailed forecast.
- Beautiful Widgets - Severe weather alerts are US only. Only supports a single location at a time. No hourly or detailed forecast.
- Fancy Widgets - No severe weather alerts. Only supports a single location at a time.
- The Weather Network - Severe weather alerts, but no push notifications. The widget is UGLY. You can't control the update frequency so it can cause battery issues.
BeWeather would probably be the closest to what I'm looking for as it has a nice widget that is customizable, an accurate forecast, hourly forecast, supports multiple locations, etc. If only it had push notifications for severe weather in Canada!
Can anyone suggest any others?
Last edited by jaydee77ca; August 2nd, 2012 at 10:22 PM.