October 10th, 2012, 02:20 PM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sammamish, WA
Device(s): Current: Samsung GS4, Rooted Nexus 7, HP Touchpad running CM9
Previous: Moto DRM, Bionic, X
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Thanked 70 Times in 60 Posts
Google Voice questions
I'm getting ready to dump my home phone service and I have a few questions about Google Voice.
- Can I port my landline number over to Google Voice?
- I already have a GV account, if the number can be ported, can they change my GV phone number to my ported number? Would there be advantages to having both GV numbers? I don't use my GV account right now, but would be more active if porting was possible.
- If number porting is possible, how would I go about making it happen?
- Will I be able to receive text messages from both my Verizon account and my GV account or is it one or the other?
- Is there anything else I should consider/watch out for when porting my number over (if possible)?
I'm hoping to cut out the extra phone cost but also keep my old landline number since it's pretty well established. Thanks in advance for your feedback...