November 19th, 2012, 05:09 AM
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Xilinhot, China
Device(s): Oppo Find 7a, Samsung Galaxy Win Duos(spare), Lenovo P700i(retired), KIRF Galaxy Note(deceased)
Carrier: China Mobile
Thanked 2,851 Times in 2,059 Posts
Hello and ni hao Boogaloo715 welcome to Android Forums...we are here to help.
You could try this...
Can’t Download A Purchased App, Getting Error 403?
Note: The following steps must be done using a computer’s web browser. We recommend using Google Chrome to do this as this is the browser we used when writing out these steps.
- Go to play.google.com on your Computer’s web browser (preferably Google Chrome).
- Sign into your Google account (by hitting the sign-in button at the top right).
- Search for the app you wish to purchase and download.
- Open the app’s page up by clicking the title link.
- On the “install” or “purchase” button, right click and press “inspect element.”
- Above the row that will be highlighted, you’ll see several lines of code. Locate the “data-ispurchased=”true” code (near the bottom of the paragraph).
- Double click on the “true” in data-ispurchased=”true” and change it to “false” then press enter on your keyboard.
- Now click on “installed” or “purchased” to buy the app as you normally would.
The People's Guide
to Android in the People's Republic.
Honorary Grand Poobah Shenzhen University English Corner.
There are nine million bicycles in Beijing.
There are nine million Androids in Shenzhen.