Go Back   Android Forums > Android Discussion > Android Games
Android Games Whether free or paid, put Games on your Android Phone and play them! Talk about, share and discuss games for Android here. New apps can be found and announced in the Applications Announcements forum linked below.

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree1Likes

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 24th, 2011, 07:12 PM   #101 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostcloak View Post
I don't know about that first part... In the Level 1 Pro competition, My rank is around 4600. Winning first place nets me a whoppin' 9xp, while second place is -17xp. It's not impossible to get up to 5000, it just takes a LONG time and a little bit of luck in who you are racing against... When I see that someone is slightly faster, I stop playing and get back on when other "slower" people are playing. I'm sure when you get up to the around 4800xp, the points probably go down to 1xp per race. Yes it's hard, but not impossible. Just have patience and keep at it
Close, I'm at 4824 and it's 4 rank for each first. Not sure what the deduction is for second, I spend alot of time tuning so I don't see second often.

Edit: Just accidentally bumped the nitro early and got a third. -46 rank.

Rook1969 is offline  
Last edited by Rook1969; May 24th, 2011 at 07:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 24th, 2011, 07:32 PM   #102 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 9
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default

^ Yeah... I don't know if I have the patience to go all the way to 5000. 4xp for a 1st place win? sheesh... that's at least another 300 more races then from 4800xp , if you figure it's going to drop from 4xp eventually to 1xp... and that's just if you win them all. If you lose 1, you've got to race another 10-15 times to make up for it... Best of luck to you!
ghostcloak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2011, 05:26 AM   #103 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Ok I am new to this whole forum thing but I had to join to get some decent advice. I curently drive a maxed out level 9 agera r minus the tune option! I can't make it to level 10 with it so an gonna sell up...what is the best car to tune for level 10. The ssc ultimate seems to dominate level 9 but is it better than the veyron sport sport or hennessy in level 10?

Also I have just skipped through the levels in pro league to reach level 10 apart from level 4 where I have a maxed M3...but I'm always like 0.5 off the top times in both quarter and half mile races. Does anyone know the key tuning options so I'm not stuck around the 3000 point mark and so I push for the 5000.

Any help is appreciated

Smithy-look out for me!
S-m-i-t-h-y is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2011, 06:20 AM   #104 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 25
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-m-i-t-h-y View Post
Ok I am new to this whole forum thing but I had to join to get some decent advice. I curently drive a maxed out level 9 agera r minus the tune option! I can't make it to level 10 with it so an gonna sell up...what is the best car to tune for level 10. The ssc ultimate seems to dominate level 9 but is it better than the veyron sport sport or hennessy in level 10?

Also I have just skipped through the levels in pro league to reach level 10 apart from level 4 where I have a maxed M3...but I'm always like 0.5 off the top times in both quarter and half mile races. Does anyone know the key tuning options so I'm not stuck around the 3000 point mark and so I push for the 5000.

Any help is appreciated

Smithy-look out for me!
You really need to do the tuning to get the most out of the car. The stock tuning is probably optimal for a stock car but once you add all the upgrades, it is very far from it. Before you invest too much time and money into upgrading and tuning your car, I would run the pro league and see which cars are dominating. Some cars are just faster than others and that is where you will have success as well.

As others have mentioned, when tuning you need to pay attention to your 0-60, 0-100, 1/4, and 1/2 mile times. Don't look too much at top speed since that is more a measure of horsepower than it is launch and shifting technique. Speaking of launch technique, it seems that starting off in 2nd gears seems to work well for a lot of people. What I do is put my big thumb on both the gas pedel and the shift lever, as soon as the flag drops, I'm immediately in 2nd gear that way.

When tuning, I have had success with adjusting 6th (or 7th) gear so that I'm just short of the rev limiter when I hit the finish line. Place 3rd and higher gears closer together so that you can keep your eninge in it's sweet spot as much as possible. While tuning your gear ratio for 2nd, play particular attention to the 0-60 time and find a spot that gives you the lowest times. You wouldn't think 1st gear would make a difference since you are immediately shifting into 2nd but it does. It seems to me that the gear ratio for 1st will impact how much wheel spin you get when you immediately shift into 2nd.

In order to get a car that will be competitive, you'll really need to spend a lot of time tuning. It's unfortunate that the Creative Labs did such a horrible job on the interface for the tuning. I'm constantly bumping a gear to far and then messing up the others and having to force the application down so that it doesn't save what I did. I would love a save option and way to log my races with each set of tuning parameters.
Cincy Dad is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2011, 09:13 AM   #105 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 35
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Has anyone raced against me yet? My username is BIG3ETR...just curious if they really pull from use users who actually race/play the game.
big3etr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2011, 10:46 PM   #106 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Diego
Posts: 37
 
Device(s): HTC Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

I absolutely love this game as well.

My favorite car is my Level 6 (notice I said level 6) 599 Ferrari. I just made it to 5000 points in level 6 the other day, but not sure how to move up to number 1 overall so I am still racing the car in the Pro League hoping that overall wins or something will move me up (stuck at 7th place with the same scores as the guys above me).

Best time in the 1/4 mile is 8.900 (dang 8.899 is ellusive) and average about a 8.902
Best time in the 1/2 mile is 13.072 and average about a 13.077

If someone has done better I would love to know especially if someone has hit an 8.899 with a level 6 Ferrari. I have run a bunch of 8.900s so its like the car is maxed out and just cant be made to go faster haha. Admitedly, I cant compete with the fastest Lambos in the 1/4, but it is fun to try.

I have been tempted to level the car up, but it is so much fun to drive and so dominant in the 1/2 mile I dont want to mess with it.

Someone posted above as to if someone has ever made the leaderboard...well my name is there for now unless I lose a race (I am still racing alot in the Pro League even though I have 5000 points so I will probably eventually get beat or make a mistake and drop down) so if you see my screen name Phixation there I guess that online is for real because it's here on my phone. Also, from 4950 points to 5000 points you only gain one point per win so it becomes a little nerve racking from there on.

I just started messing with a Level 1 S2000 the other day and am having a blast modifying it now. This game is just to much fun!!!

Edit:...after writing this post I decided to tweek my settings a little more, and FINALLY got my 8.899 in the 1/4 mile. Guess it was possible after all.

Edit Again:...more tuning and now two new bests
1/2 Mile: 13.056
1/4 Mile: 8.890 ...I hope to hit an 8.889 soon
Phixation is offline  
Last edited by Phixation; May 29th, 2011 at 05:13 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2011, 04:28 AM   #107 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

did some of u guys make it to go under a 10.940 time in lvl ten?
teejaay is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2011, 07:12 AM   #108 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 25
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Phixation,

I'm not seeing your name on the Level 6 leaderboard. Did you lose a race?
Cincy Dad is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2011, 07:28 AM   #109 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 25
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Ok one question to the geeks here.. I am planning to flash my Hero to another stock ROM but i really dont wanna do it if i cant save this game data and start from the same position again...
I currently own a maxed out fully tuned ferrari 599, level 9 venom and a lvl 1 volkswagen golf GT1..
I don wanna loose all these.. Please tell me if there is anyway i can save the data and position...
vaira.m is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2011, 11:36 AM   #110 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Diego
Posts: 37
 
Device(s): HTC Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy Dad View Post
Phixation,

I'm not seeing your name on the Level 6 leaderboard. Did you lose a race?
Hey Cincy Dad,

Nope havent lost yet... im still showing in seventh place on my phone with 5000 points. The server was really laggy and buggy last night so I didnt play Pro League. Right now on my phone the Level 6 order goes...

1) ADIYOS 5000
2) t5frankie 5000
3) Allen_ 5000
4) Odeezy 5000
5) Alex925 5000
6) Elimin8u 5000
7) Phixation 5000
8) wozeyky 4999

Does your phone show the same people?? Maybe the online thing is fake and it only keeps fake stats on our own phones. Kinda a bummer if that is the case.

I'll just not race the car for the next few days in Pro League so my name stays up on the board, and see if someone else views this post and can see my name there. If no one sees my name then I have no idea how they keep track of points in the Pro League, and the leaderboard might be bogus.

Either way its still a really awesome and addicting game.
Phixation is offline  
Last edited by Phixation; May 26th, 2011 at 11:43 AM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 26th, 2011, 11:50 AM   #111 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Diego
Posts: 37
 
Device(s): HTC Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaira.m View Post
Ok one question to the geeks here.. I am planning to flash my Hero to another stock ROM but i really dont wanna do it if i cant save this game data and start from the same position again...
I currently own a maxed out fully tuned ferrari 599, level 9 venom and a lvl 1 volkswagen golf GT1..
I don wanna loose all these.. Please tell me if there is anyway i can save the data and position...
Yes....write the data all down.

I know that it is a pain, but it only take a few seconds per car to write down your gearing and upgrade data. I learned the hard way once before we had the save feature (played with the car settings so much I couldnt remember how to get it back to where it was before timewise), and still even now write all my settings down for safety once I get a new best time.

Position-wise your probably screwed and going to lose your progress, since I see alot of people complain that once they take the game off their phone and reinstall they are losing all their points progress. It's beginning to look like the server does NOT save our stats online.
Phixation is offline  
Last edited by Phixation; May 26th, 2011 at 12:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2011, 01:22 PM   #112 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 25
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phixation View Post
Hey Cincy Dad,

Nope havent lost yet... im still showing in seventh place on my phone with 5000 points. The server was really laggy and buggy last night so I didnt play Pro League. Right now on my phone the Level 6 order goes...

1) ADIYOS 5000
2) t5frankie 5000
3) Allen_ 5000
4) Odeezy 5000
5) Alex925 5000
6) Elimin8u 5000
7) Phixation 5000
8) wozeyky 4999

Does your phone show the same people?? Maybe the online thing is fake and it only keeps fake stats on our own phones. Kinda a bummer if that is the case.

I'll just not race the car for the next few days in Pro League so my name stays up on the board, and see if someone else views this post and can see my name there. If no one sees my name then I have no idea how they keep track of points in the Pro League, and the leaderboard might be bogus.

Either way its still a really awesome and addicting game.
Phixation,

I am currently seeing you on my phone at spot #5. I swear you were not there earlier this morning. Maybe the leaderboard is buggy. As stated in an earlier post, I once raced someone with enough points to be on the leaderboard, but their name wasn't there.

I'm hoping DragRacer comes back. It would be interesting to hear if he was actually racing a Ferrari 599 on Tuesday @ 5pm Eastern. My guess is that since the Face-to-Face is based on recorded runs, that they are doing the same for Pro-League.

Still trying to get my Ferrari 599 to run faster than a 12.421 on Level 7. I'm tempted to totally trash my existing tune and start again from scratch with a different final drive ratio.

Is there a better launch technique than starting off in 2nd? I can't seem to find one.

Edit: It appears I can shave some time off my 0-60 by launching in 1st.
Cincy Dad is offline  
Last edited by Cincy Dad; May 26th, 2011 at 03:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2011, 04:02 PM   #113 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 9
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Anyone have settings for the lambo to do 8.50's?

Keep seeing a couple that are going 8.55's in the 1/4, im maxed out and stuck in low 8.60's
Ryan95i4 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2011, 05:10 PM   #114 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Dont get me wrong, the game is a great time killer, but they need to work some realism in to it. 180+ in the 1/4 for a 9 second run is a little ridiculous.

Using a ZR1 with 925hp + nitrous and changin the gearing to run a 3 or 2 speed in the 1/4 just kills performance when it should be the other way and make the car scream as it hangs at whatever rpm u launch at ie sits at max power and should be really movin. Also going the other way drops performance as well, ie changing final drive to cross the line at optimal rpm in 6th. Same for the Viper, WRX, ETC, not wure how they are getting the game to calculate performance, but I think they need to take a step back and look at making it more realistic before launching it online and letting it turn in to what Nitto 1320 has....
btld_ls1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2011, 06:15 PM   #115 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Is anyone here playing under the name "Try_to_keep_up"?

I've got my Aero TT tuned to run 11.060 in the half mile and you just ran an 11.002 on my ass. PLEASE tell me what you have your gear ratios tuned to!!
mattsahn is offline  
Last edited by mattsahn; May 26th, 2011 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Just ran an even faster time on my current setup.
Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2011, 06:42 PM   #116 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

everyone should start posting here.. forum setup for this game.. would be great to have everyones view on the game.


BETA: Drag Racing Forum - Android - Game - App • Index page
fishcake13 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2011, 10:59 PM   #117 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Lotus tunes

I have a level 4 lotus. i have tuned it to run a 10.4 1/4 mile and a 16.0 1/2 mile i was wondering if anyone has had a better tune for it?
DMM117 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2011, 06:35 AM   #118 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 25
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phixation View Post
Yes....write the data all down.

I know that it is a pain, but it only take a few seconds per car to write down your gearing and upgrade data. I learned the hard way once before we had the save feature (played with the car settings so much I couldnt remember how to get it back to where it was before timewise), and still even now write all my settings down for safety once I get a new best time.

Position-wise your probably screwed and going to lose your progress, since I see alot of people complain that once they take the game off their phone and reinstall they are losing all their points progress. It's beginning to look like the server does NOT save our stats online.
write down? wat u mean by that? u mean to sya the tunning ratios and other stuffs??

So this means i should earn all the money and the buy cars again?
vaira.m is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2011, 09:41 AM   #119 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default What to buy with my $2 million dollars

I had my mind set on the Bugatti Veyron 16.4 SS but now I'm considering the Hennessey Venom GT.

The wildcard is the Aero TT for only $1.3 million.

What does everyone think ?
Fred2726 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2011, 11:41 AM   #120 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

If you're going for half mile domination then the Venom GT is easiest to win with. Once you have the tuning package the Aero TT becomes EXTREMELY competitive with the Venom. I had someone run a 10.957 with an Aero TT on me in the half mile yesterday, and as it is my own Aero TT runs 11.06X. I have seen someone run a 10.947 with the Venom though.

In the quarter mile, the Venom GT is extremely competitive too. I have a feeling though that if you tune it right, the Bugatti SS would be unstoppable - with it's ridiculous amount of grip.
mattsahn is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 27th, 2011, 12:09 PM   #121 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Diego
Posts: 37
 
Device(s): HTC Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaira.m View Post
write down? wat u mean by that? u mean to sya the tunning ratios and other stuffs??

So this means i should earn all the money and the buy cars again?
Ya, I write it down similar to how UniR did in a post above ours like this...

Supra

Engine **
Turbo *****
Intake ***
NOX *****
Weight ***
Tires **

Tuning
5 secs @ 60%
F 3.28:1
1 2.8
2 1.8
3 1.37
4 1.2
5 1.13
6 1.0

It only takes about a minute to do per car.

As far as your money, cars, and stats go I suspect your going to lose them if you uninstall and then later reinstall the game.
Phixation is offline  
Last edited by Phixation; May 27th, 2011 at 12:14 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2011, 12:13 PM   #122 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Diego
Posts: 37
 
Device(s): HTC Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy Dad View Post
Phixation,

Is there a better launch technique than starting off in 2nd? I can't seem to find one.

Edit: It appears I can shave some time off my 0-60 by launching in 1st.
Hey Cincy Dad,

I start out in second as well with the faster cars, but you have intrigued me with the starting out in 1st idea. I might have to play with that idea for a while and see if I can get it to work for me.
Phixation is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2011, 12:24 PM   #123 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I have a fully upgraded BMW M3 E92, and just cannot figure out a tune for it. Im running 14.63s usually and I see people 14.55s with it. Can anyone help me out on the tuning, or maybe shifting. Right now I shift right to second, nos entering 3rd. Works good and I finish top 3 usually in the pro league, but I really want to get to the 14.5s.
JCompton41 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2011, 01:03 PM   #124 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred2726 View Post
I had my mind set on the Bugatti Veyron 16.4 SS but now I'm considering the Hennessey Venom GT.

The wildcard is the Aero TT for only $1.3 million.

What does everyone think ?

Just bought the Venom GT. In the test run it was clearly the fastest stock for me.
Fred2726 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2011, 02:22 PM   #125 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Traction control....

Hi
Been reading the posts and no one seems to mention the traction control. It flashes up on the dash when you are putting too much power through the tyres. I'm surprised that people are saying use the nitro early because in practically every one of the top cars if you use it in any of the 1st 4 gears the traction control kicks in and it's wasted.
Had this game for ages now but frustrated as when I started there was half the cars available now, no pro league and no tune option. I managed to get the Agera R up to full mods and it was amazing I earnt enough money to buy the Ultimate Aero but had to sell the Agera to pay for mods, later that day the 'Tune' option became available on upgrade. Gutted. I could have tuned the shit out of that Agera. Now I'm getting whipped on level 9 in my aero TT haven't got enough money/respect for mods and if I enter the pro league it's like starting all over.............
Jimmymos is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2011, 03:04 PM   #126 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 25
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phixation View Post
Hey Cincy Dad,

I start out in second as well with the faster cars, but you have intrigued me with the starting out in 1st idea. I might have to play with that idea for a while and see if I can get it to work for me.
Let me know if you have any success. I eventually abandoned it. It appeared my 0-60 was just a hair quicker but overall I was running slower because of the additional shift needed to 2nd. So I'm back to putting my thumb on both the gas and shift lever to immediately start off in 2nd.

I did some more tuning and I am at a spot where I have zero wheel spin until I hit NOS in 3rd gear. It "feels" like I'm lugging the engine off the line but it's working well for me. Have run as fast as 12.419 with the black Ferrari this way (level 7).

Here's my tuning parameters if anybody wants to try it on a full loaded black Ferrari.

Nos 131%
F 3.653
1 1.744
2 1.483
3 1.180
4 1.060
5 .922
6 .806

start off in 2nd and then shift perfectly for the rest of the race
Cincy Dad is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cincy Dad For This Useful Post:
stickin2j (July 6th, 2011)
Old May 27th, 2011, 03:10 PM   #127 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 25
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmymos View Post
Hi
Been reading the posts and no one seems to mention the traction control. It flashes up on the dash when you are putting too much power through the tyres. I'm surprised that people are saying use the nitro early because in practically every one of the top cars if you use it in any of the 1st 4 gears the traction control kicks in and it's wasted.
Had this game for ages now but frustrated as when I started there was half the cars available now, no pro league and no tune option. I managed to get the Agera R up to full mods and it was amazing I earnt enough money to buy the Ultimate Aero but had to sell the Agera to pay for mods, later that day the 'Tune' option became available on upgrade. Gutted. I could have tuned the shit out of that Agera. Now I'm getting whipped on level 9 in my aero TT haven't got enough money/respect for mods and if I enter the pro league it's like starting all over.............
Agreed that using nitros too early will just light up the tires and be wasterd but the other extreme is waiting until later in the run when there isn't as much track left. Nitro makes you run a little bit faster from the time you use it until the finish line. The earlier you can use it without wasting it, the better. Use the tuning to find the best place to use it. Generally I am finding 3rd gear is best even if causes a little bit of traction lost.
Cincy Dad is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2011, 05:25 PM   #128 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Drag Racing

Hey guys i have a lvl 3 Honda S2000 completely upgraded and the best i can manage is 10.391 but i see ppl 10.2 , i also have a lvl 3 fully upgraded nissan skyline GT-R and the best i can get 10.6 but i see ppl runnin 10.1 can anyone help me with this?

P.S im not good with tuning lol so a tuning guide would b nice and if you've raced with me be4 let me know how it was haha my name is God of Htown

Editing in: just so ppl dont think im a noob ived owned over 10 cars all completely upgraded lol (i waste my rep and money like crazy ) and i have a lvl 7 car i just haven't gotten around to upgrading becuz im having to much fun with my S2000 and my NSX
GodofHtown is offline  
Last edited by GodofHtown; May 28th, 2011 at 06:39 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2011, 07:52 PM   #129 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default How do I start fast with a bad traction car?

I have noticed when racing the "Drivers Battle" that others are beating me most of the time with cars that spin tires a lot out of the gate. With cars with good traction, I usually win. I'm at level 10, so I am racing against stiff competition, but still... Can someone who is at a high level explain how to start off fast with slick tires?

My strategy is to try to get a perfect start. Change to 2nd gear pretty quick... about half way up the RPMs. Then I switch to 3rd gear pretty quickly too... about 3/4ths the RPMs.

The thing is, it looks like guys are instantly faster than me. Like they start right out of the gate without their tires spinning. I have tried shifting to 2nd gear instantly, but that still doesn't seem to work as good.

Any help is appreciated.
tolz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2011, 06:36 AM   #130 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolz View Post
I have noticed when racing the "Drivers Battle" that others are beating me most of the time with cars that spin tires a lot out of the gate. With cars with good traction, I usually win. I'm at level 10, so I am racing against stiff competition, but still... Can someone who is at a high level explain how to start off fast with slick tires?

My strategy is to try to get a perfect start. Change to 2nd gear pretty quick... about half way up the RPMs. Then I switch to 3rd gear pretty quickly too... about 3/4ths the RPMs.

The thing is, it looks like guys are instantly faster than me. Like they start right out of the gate without their tires spinning. I have tried shifting to 2nd gear instantly, but that still doesn't seem to work as good.

Any help is appreciated.

The S2000 has a bad tire spin on it on the line so wat i did was drop the rpm start off at 3-5000 instead of getting a perfect start it reduces the tire spin getting a perfect start isn't always the best thing try starting a lil earlier and see how that does ya i dropped by 2 secs by starting in lower rpms (try this technique in novice mode first to get the feel and to experiment with which rpm is best)
GodofHtown is offline  
Last edited by GodofHtown; May 28th, 2011 at 06:41 AM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 28th, 2011, 02:20 PM   #131 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Trying to perfect my 599 at lvl 6. My upgrades are 1/1/1/5/1/5 im at 696800. I've tried other upgrade combinations, but no luck...

I'm getting consistent 13.22's But I see guys running 13.10's and 13.11's... I have been playing with tuning for 2 days, but no dice...

Any advice on how to get a level 6 599 Rosso into the 13.1's???
KillerTank is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2011, 04:14 PM   #132 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
gallandof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: south of boston
Posts: 1,927
 
Device(s): Droid x CM7, droid 1 CM7, Dinc 2, Droid Razr rooted debloated, Galaxy Nexus rooted&unlocked, xoom, d
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 161
Thanked 335 Times in 214 Posts
michael.cristoferi@gmail
Default

what cars would everyone want to see added to this game? Personally, im waiting for them to add a 458 italia, ariel atom, maybe a caterham r500, maybe a funny car or top fuel dragster that can be purchased as a level 10 car(cant be upgraded much though), and maybe a few trucks like an SRT10, and a lightning, or the SRT8 grand cherokee.

im also holding out for more upgrades like clutch,flywheel, suspension(if they add in wheelies to cars too) maybe add in a burnout/pre stage option before the race starts :P


also, i think that the "online" races is just you racing a ghost of another user, when it gives error:840, thats kinda of a giveaway since its a database error.
gallandof is offline  
Last edited by gallandof; May 28th, 2011 at 05:07 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2011, 07:15 PM   #133 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallandof View Post
what cars would everyone want to see added to this game? Personally, im waiting for them to add a 458 italia, ariel atom, maybe a caterham r500, maybe a funny car or top fuel dragster that can be purchased as a level 10 car(cant be upgraded much though), and maybe a few trucks like an SRT10, and a lightning, or the SRT8 grand cherokee.

im also holding out for more upgrades like clutch,flywheel, suspension(if they add in wheelies to cars too) maybe add in a burnout/pre stage option before the race starts :P


also, i think that the "online" races is just you racing a ghost of another user, when it gives error:840, thats kinda of a giveaway since its a database error.
Error:840 is an actual person ive seen him on facebook on the Drag Racing page i just enjoy kicking his ass lol
GodofHtown is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2011, 12:21 AM   #134 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default This game is CRACK

If anyone is interested in trading tunes. i made a room on palringo called drag racing android or invite contact SloMoFo. i am BuiltFordTough, uLOST2aFord, and SloMoFo on game
favorite car is the ford evolution.
SloMoFo504 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2011, 09:43 AM   #135 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hi guys and gals, its me Afishegg. I am currently running my lvl 10 aero in the 10.999 - 10.980 range. Now I won't post my tune specs yet (but I will) I'll tell you how I shift.

First tap the gas to get the process started.
Now as soon as the girls hand starts to go down hold the gas to rev up if you do this just right you should hit 6k right at the "perfect " moment. Now then when the hand starts to move I shift into 1st then 2nd both perfect then hit nitro and finish with perfect 3rd and 4th 5th etc.
Afishegg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2011, 06:11 PM   #136 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

no need to tune the 599.
i have all upgrades, except only 1tire upgrade. ran 12.288 average 12.3-12.4
shift to 2nd immediently, then short shift to 3rd@6k and short to 4th@7k carry 4th to perfect shift, then nitrous in 5th.
egb18c is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2011, 06:49 PM   #137 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 5
 
Device(s): HTC One M8
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phixation View Post
I absolutely love this game as well.

My favorite car is my Level 6 (notice I said level 6) 599 Ferrari. I just made it to 5000 points in level 6 the other day, but not sure how to move up to number 1 overall so I am still racing the car in the Pro League hoping that overall wins or something will move me up (stuck at 7th place with the same scores as the guys above me).

Best time in the 1/4 mile is 8.900 (dang 8.899 is ellusive) and average about a 8.902
Best time in the 1/2 mile is 13.072 and average about a 13.077

If someone has done better I would love to know especially if someone has hit an 8.899 with a level 6 Ferrari. I have run a bunch of 8.900s so its like the car is maxed out and just cant be made to go faster haha. Admitedly, I cant compete with the fastest Lambos in the 1/4, but it is fun to try.

I have been tempted to level the car up, but it is so much fun to drive and so dominant in the 1/2 mile I dont want to mess with it.

Someone posted above as to if someone has ever made the leaderboard...well my name is there for now unless I lose a race (I am still racing alot in the Pro League even though I have 5000 points so I will probably eventually get beat or make a mistake and drop down) so if you see my screen name Phixation there I guess that online is for real because it's here on my phone. Also, from 4950 points to 5000 points you only gain one point per win so it becomes a little nerve racking from there on.

I just started messing with a Level 1 S2000 the other day and am having a blast modifying it now. This game is just to much fun!!!

Edit:...after writing this post I decided to tweek my settings a little more, and FINALLY got my 8.899 in the 1/4 mile. Guess it was possible after all.

Edit Again:...more tuning and now two new bests
1/2 Mile: 13.056
1/4 Mile: 8.890 ...I hope to hit an 8.889 soon

The 599 is the fastest car in the 1/2 at level 6, fact. Anyone saying otherwise isn't going against a smart driver.

The lambo is by far the fastest at level 6 in the 1/4, i've seen 8.82. I don't know enough about timings and tunings, but my friend is tinkering with shit and we'll be running identical setups and stuff (he does tuning in real life to sub 10 second cars, which has nothing to do with this game).


Every level has its king cars, bottom line. With the right driver, they'll always win.

For the 1/4, I know its:
Level 1: SRT-4 (I think)
Level 2: S2000
Level 3: Skyline
Level 4: I thought it was the Impreza
Level 5: Evo
Level 6: Lambo

I haven't progressed past 6 yet, my non tuned lambo I can get 8.9 regularly, so I just leave it there and I'm sitting at 3k rating points waiting on my buddy to tune the lambo to 8.82 for me :P

I've heard mixed things about 8-10, but just look at the proleague and which cars are proliferated, and that'll give you your answer about whos on top of each level.

Drivers battle are a personal favorite of mine



Note on single player mode: you can progress your car past the level the boss is on, and still go back and beat him. Most bosses are putting out numbers (and have a nicer level car) than you can have at your current level.


You'll find me in level 6, racing under "KC_frijoles"
frijolez is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2011, 07:04 PM   #138 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Diego
Posts: 37
 
Device(s): HTC Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frijolez View Post

You'll find me in level 6, racing under "KC_frijoles"
I still am racing regularly in level 6 with my 599 KC_frijoles, so I hope to see you there sometime
Phixation is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2011, 12:13 AM   #139 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 5
 
Device(s): HTC One M8
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Lambo's rule the level 6 pro boards.

Some are running like an 8.6, I have no idea how

If anyone is running a lambo at level 6 and getting low numbers like that, please share :P Launch, shift points, tuning, etc
frijolez is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2011, 02:34 AM   #140 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Diego
Posts: 37
 
Device(s): HTC Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frijolez View Post
Lambo's rule the level 6 pro boards.

Some are running like an 8.6, I have no idea how

If anyone is running a lambo at level 6 and getting low numbers like that, please share :P Launch, shift points, tuning, etc
Ya, I raced one once in the 1/4 mile that I believe ran an 8.58....it was a very humbling experience
Phixation is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 30th, 2011, 08:59 AM   #141 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 25
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by egb18c View Post
no need to tune the 599.
i have all upgrades, except only 1tire upgrade. ran 12.288 average 12.3-12.4
shift to 2nd immediently, then short shift to 3rd@6k and short to 4th@7k carry 4th to perfect shift, then nitrous in 5th.
I'm running around an 8.61 in the 1/4 with my loaded 599. You need to tune. You're wasting your nitrous by waiting until 5th gear. Try immediately after hitting 3rd.
Cincy Dad is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2011, 09:45 AM   #142 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Whats the best 1/2 mile car for level 8 and beyond?
Mausacht is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2011, 10:06 AM   #143 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I got my BMW running 14.55s by tuning, but people have it running 14.49 and I have no idea how. I've been messing with my tuning and driving different ways and I cannot get it any faster.
JCompton41 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2011, 01:36 PM   #144 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Need a BMW m3 e92 tuniing for under 14.5
Bk Randy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2011, 07:31 PM   #145 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlafBiggles View Post
I've just managed to get 12.41x! As such, thought I'd share my previous 12.42x configuration.
NOS - 2.65s
Final - 2.005
1st - 3.206
2nd - 2.646
3rd - 2.148
4th - 1.836
5th - 1.623
6th - 1.453

Again, this is max rev start. Change to 2nd at 50, then the rest all perfect shifts. Fire NOS as soon as hitting 3rd gear. Enjoy, and if anyone beats 12.416, let me know, so I can carry on fine tuning my setup.

This should save many people a few hours...
There is a better tune requiring a perfect start, but can't get that often enough, and without the perfect start only runs 12.44x.
with your tune my best time was 12.486@152 after about 100 passes. i didn't waste rp on level 5 intake, and level 5 weight drop. cause i was already winning 98% of the time.. but here is my tune that i ran 12.462@154


redline 1st gear, shift at 80mph..nitrous in 3rd...
nitrous 110%
FD......4.22
1........1.51
2........1.29
3........1.01
4........0.87
5........0.80
6........0.72
egb18c is offline  
Last edited by egb18c; May 30th, 2011 at 11:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2011, 07:43 PM   #146 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy Dad View Post
You really need to do the tuning to get the most out of the car. The stock tuning is probably optimal for a stock car but once you add all the upgrades, it is very far from it. Before you invest too much time and money into upgrading and tuning your car, I would run the pro league and see which cars are dominating. Some cars are just faster than others and that is where you will have success as well.

As others have mentioned, when tuning you need to pay attention to your 0-60, 0-100, 1/4, and 1/2 mile times. Don't look too much at top speed since that is more a measure of horsepower than it is launch and shifting technique. Speaking of launch technique, it seems that starting off in 2nd gears seems to work well for a lot of people. What I do is put my big thumb on both the gas pedel and the shift lever, as soon as the flag drops, I'm immediately in 2nd gear that way.

When tuning, I have had success with adjusting 6th (or 7th) gear so that I'm just short of the rev limiter when I hit the finish line. Place 3rd and higher gears closer together so that you can keep your eninge in it's sweet spot as much as possible. While tuning your gear ratio for 2nd, play particular attention to the 0-60 time and find a spot that gives you the lowest times. You wouldn't think 1st gear would make a difference since you are immediately shifting into 2nd but it does. It seems to me that the gear ratio for 1st will impact how much wheel spin you get when you immediately shift into 2nd.

In order to get a car that will be competitive, you'll really need to spend a lot of time tuning. It's unfortunate that the Creative Labs did such a horrible job on the interface for the tuning. I'm constantly bumping a gear to far and then messing up the others and having to force the application down so that it doesn't save what I did. I would love a save option and way to log my races with each set of tuning parameters.
There IS a save option.
Tazilon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2011, 07:31 AM   #147 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 25
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazilon View Post
There IS a save option.
That's an option that was just recently added. I upgraded over the weekend and have it now. They also "fixed" it so that I can't launch in 2nd gear by holding the gas pedal and shift lever at the same time.
Cincy Dad is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2011, 09:24 AM   #148 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hey I'm new here

I just wanted to ask a quick question, is 8.563 a good time for the Gallardo on lvl 8? I usually end up around late 8.560's I also win just about every race I play, both in the Pro League and F2F, but I know they are recorded, that's why I ask

Awesome game, keep up the good work! BTW my name is also Skau in-game if anyone has raced against me!
Skau is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2011, 11:47 AM   #149 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

New here, 1st post. Just thought I'd share that I have personally ran 14.505 with my M3 (level 4) twice, and a 14.507 once. That was coming from a 14.610 stock tuning. I would love to know how very few have managed a 14.48x...nice tune and driving for that!

**Update -- playing with shifting and tuning, and smacked around a 14.495 and 14.497...dreaming of 480's though. Fastest I've ever seen was a 14.487.

Currently working on my LEVEL 6 599...tuning it right now.

Name is formula428 in the game.
formula428 is offline  
Last edited by formula428; June 1st, 2011 at 02:59 PM. Reason: update!
Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2011, 02:02 PM   #150 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 24
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phixation View Post
I absolutely love this game as well.

My favorite car is my Level 6 (notice I said level 6) 599 Ferrari. I just made it to 5000 points in level 6 the other day, but not sure how to move up to number 1 overall so I am still racing the car in the Pro League hoping that overall wins or something will move me up (stuck at 7th place with the same scores as the guys above me).

Best time in the 1/4 mile is 8.900 (dang 8.899 is ellusive) and average about a 8.902
Best time in the 1/2 mile is 13.072 and average about a 13.077

If someone has done better I would love to know especially if someone has hit an 8.899 with a level 6 Ferrari. I have run a bunch of 8.900s so its like the car is maxed out and just cant be made to go faster haha. Admitedly, I cant compete with the fastest Lambos in the 1/4, but it is fun to try.

I have been tempted to level the car up, but it is so much fun to drive and so dominant in the 1/2 mile I dont want to mess with it.

Someone posted above as to if someone has ever made the leaderboard...well my name is there for now unless I lose a race (I am still racing alot in the Pro League even though I have 5000 points so I will probably eventually get beat or make a mistake and drop down) so if you see my screen name Phixation there I guess that online is for real because it's here on my phone. Also, from 4950 points to 5000 points you only gain one point per win so it becomes a little nerve racking from there on.

I just started messing with a Level 1 S2000 the other day and am having a blast modifying it now. This game is just to much fun!!!

Edit:...after writing this post I decided to tweek my settings a little more, and FINALLY got my 8.899 in the 1/4 mile. Guess it was possible after all.

Edit Again:...more tuning and now two new bests
1/2 Mile: 13.056
1/4 Mile: 8.890 ...I hope to hit an 8.889 soon
Ha, I've raced you a few times. I hate your new PB. Makes my 13.186 looks like crap. I'm S197.
Bmr4life is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply
Tags
app, call of duty, cars, custom, drag, exotic, games, online, porn, ps3, racing, rims, sex, speakers, tricks, upgrade, xbox


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Discussion > Android Games
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:38 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.