August 2nd, 2012, 10:27 PM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Aug 2012
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Here's How to trade your GameBoid Pokemon
If you what to trade Pokemon you have on GameBoid with your android heres how:
1. Open your current game on the GameBoid emulator and save in game
2. If you dont already have vba link you will need to download it
http://www.vbalink.info/download/vbalink180b0.zip is where I got mine.
3. You will need to hook up your computer to your phone via usb and find the folder that your game was in. Dont worry about the ss0, ss1 type files all you will need is the .sav file. ex, pokemon-leaf-green.sav
4. copy the .sav file and the rom into a folder onto your computer
5. Open up you vba and set up the controls for moving and such. Then open up your rom on the vba.
6. Now go to file->import->battery file and open the .sav file
7. At this point your game should be running on the vba. Now do the same with a different game ie, trading from leaf green to fire red.
8. You will need to set up different controls for the second game and be sure to have your game unchecked "Pause when inactive window" under Options->Emulator
9. Follow this youtube video on how to trade, and don't be discouraged if it freezes the first time mine worked on the 3rd try. just re open the .sav files and try again
10. When you are done trading/battling save the vba game in game and go to File->Export->batteryfile. Now copy this .sav and replaced it with the one on your phone (be sure to have a backup of the old one just incase)
11. Unplug everything and start up your Gameboid (Be sure there is no file in the quicksave slot) and now you have your traded pokemon! You can make a save in any save slot now.
Hope this helps some people, It worked for me. If you have any questions post them here.