Go Back   Android Forums > Android Discussion > Android Games
Android Games Whether free or paid, put Games on your Android Phone and play them! Talk about, share and discuss games for Android here. New apps can be found and announced in the Applications Announcements forum linked below.

New Forums: Nexus Player | Nexus 9
test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old October 31st, 2012, 04:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 224
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 98 Times in 26 Posts
Default A new Shadowgate Adventure for Android

Please back this new KS project for Shadowgate.

This is made by the orginal creators of shadowgate.

Android will be supported from the get go !

www.kickstarter.com/projects/zojoi/shadowgate

Advertisements
Trev186 is online now  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old November 2nd, 2012, 02:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 479
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 42
Thanked 50 Times in 43 Posts
Default

The Android-level pledge is asking for the ridiculously unreasonable amount of $60. At the $15 pledge, I will get the PC version via digital download. The cheapest pledge to get the Android version is $60. That's four times more expensive than the Windows/Mac version. What the hell? Why the hell would anyone (other than Android fanboy) wants to pay $60 for the mobile version when he can get the full-fledged PC version for $15?

Honestly, most gamers like myself do not really care much for the Android version of anything... as long as we get to play the game on the PC, which we consider as the vastly superior platform for true gaming anyway. I would rather pledge $60 to other Kickstarters for high-caliber PC-exclusive titles, like Star Citizen from Chris Robert, the creator of the Wing Commander series, and Quest for Glory's Hero U.
ktchong is offline  
Last edited by ktchong; November 2nd, 2012 at 07:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2012, 04:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 224
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 98 Times in 26 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktchong View Post
The Android-level pledge is asking for the ridiculously unreasonable amount of $60. At the $15 pledge, I will get the PC version via digital download. The cheapest pledge to get the Android version is $60. That's four times more expensive than the Windows/Mac version. What the hell? Why the hell would anyone (other than Android fanboy) wants to pay $60 for the mobile version when he can get the full-fledged PC version for $15?

Honestly, most gamers like myself do not really care much for the Android version of anything... as long as we get to play the game on the PC, which we consider as the vastly superior platform for true gaming anyway. I would rather pledge $60 to other Kickstarters for high-caliber PC-exclusive titles, like Star Citizen from Chris Robert, the creator of the Wing Commander series, and Quest for Glory's Hero U.


The $60 pledge includes the pc game plus a slew of digita rewards from all the lower packages....

The $60 pledge Includes the android/ios version in addition to everything else.

In tota at the $60 pledge u get the following:

1. Drm free of pc, mac or linux version
2. A digital art book
3. Digital soundtrack recorded in lossless quality
4. Digital wallpaper pack
5. Digital 2014 calendar
6. Android/ios version
7. Your name listed on the website
8. Your name listed in the end game credits
9. Digital version of the cloth map of Shadowgate
10. Satisfaction of helping Zojoi remaster Shadowgate


I think all of the above is well worth $60
Trev186 is online now  
Last edited by lunatic59; November 4th, 2012 at 07:54 PM. Reason: removed snark
Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2012, 08:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 224
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 98 Times in 26 Posts
Default

We just hit 70k today !


We still need a little less than $50k
Trev186 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2012, 10:45 AM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ExtremeNerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: STL
Gender: Male
Posts: 744
 
Device(s): SGS 3, HTC Glacier, Skypad A2, Viewsonic G Tab
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 51
Thanked 237 Times in 148 Posts
Default

Kickstarter is stupid. I'll wait until this is released. If it doesn't suck, I'll pay the $5 for the android version.
__________________
The Commandments of Android
1) Open RAM is wasted RAM - Don't use Task Killers
2) Cheap devices are cheap for a reason. Don't expect high end performance.
3) Boot Loop = Wipe.
4) There are no viruses for android.
ExtremeNerd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2012, 10:46 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 224
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 98 Times in 26 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeNerd View Post
Kickstarter is stupid. I'll wait until this is released. If it doesn't suck, I'll pay the $5 for the android version.
Then don't post....
Trev186 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2012, 01:05 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 479
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 42
Thanked 50 Times in 43 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev186 View Post
I think all of the above is well worth $60
I don't.

Anyway. I pledged $15 for the PC version. I can do without the Android version. I don't particularly care for Android gaming, which sucks compared to PC and iOS. If Android had a game that's compelling and exclusive, (which is rare,) then I pay for it. Not gonna waste $60 on the Android version when the same game is also on the PC/iOS for much cheaper. I'd rather spend the money on Hero U and Star Citizen, which I did.
ktchong is offline  
Last edited by ktchong; November 26th, 2012 at 01:13 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Discussion > Android Games
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:42 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.