Go Back   Android Forums > Android Discussion > Android Games
Android Games Whether free or paid, put Games on your Android Phone and play them! Talk about, share and discuss games for Android here. New apps can be found and announced in the Applications Announcements forum linked below.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ExtremeNerd

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 28th, 2012, 09:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
SpikyAndroid3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Gender: Male
Posts: 64
 
Device(s): HTC Desire GSM *Rooted S-OFF* Running 4.1.2 VJ's ROM w/ a2sd | Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0" *Rooted*
Carrier: 3 UK / Vodafone UK

Thanks: 11
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Post [GUIDE] *NO ROOT* Backup/Restore Save Game Files

Hey GamerDroids!

Well I found that there is an easy way to backup your save game and restore it from an app. It would require you to have a DropBox account. It is called "SaveShare".
By the looks of it, it seems genuine

*No Root Required*

Have fun!



-Credit to

Advertisements
__________________
Nature, runs on a Tree ROM. Obviously rooted.
A good source for an Index of ROMS for the HTC Desire!
SpikyAndroid3 is offline  
Last edited by SpikyAndroid3; November 28th, 2012 at 10:53 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SpikyAndroid3 For This Useful Post:
ExtremeNerd (November 28th, 2012)
sponsored links
Old November 28th, 2012, 10:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ExtremeNerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: STL
Gender: Male
Posts: 744
 
Device(s): SGS 3, HTC Glacier, Skypad A2, Viewsonic G Tab
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 51
Thanked 237 Times in 148 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikyAndroid3 View Post
Hey GamerDroids!

Well I found that there is an easy way to backup your save game and restore it from an app. It would require you to have a DropBox account. It is called "SaveShare".
By the looks of it, it seems genuine

*No Root Required*

Have fun!

Have you tested this yet?? If it works, this will answer one of the biggest questions people keep asking. I know it says some apps DO need root, but doesn't list them, and I couldn't use their link. I'm at work or would test this out. If you can, let us know how well this works.
__________________
The Commandments of Android
1) Open RAM is wasted RAM - Don't use Task Killers
2) Cheap devices are cheap for a reason. Don't expect high end performance.
3) Boot Loop = Wipe.
4) There are no viruses for android.
ExtremeNerd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2012, 10:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
SpikyAndroid3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Gender: Male
Posts: 64
 
Device(s): HTC Desire GSM *Rooted S-OFF* Running 4.1.2 VJ's ROM w/ a2sd | Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0" *Rooted*
Carrier: 3 UK / Vodafone UK

Thanks: 11
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Default

I have been busy lately and I wanted to share this out to everyone ASAP. Now as I have time I will test this out and get back to you ^^

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I open the app, it does require SuperUser permissions for several games. Also, it only displays popular games (All Angry Birds; Asphalt 6; Cut the Rope; Flick Golf etc.) in which to save from, but not the games stored on your phone...
However, this guy shows that it works. ~Check It Out~

Alas I will look for another method.
SpikyAndroid3 is offline  
Last edited by SpikyAndroid3; November 28th, 2012 at 11:10 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2012, 11:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ExtremeNerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: STL
Gender: Male
Posts: 744
 
Device(s): SGS 3, HTC Glacier, Skypad A2, Viewsonic G Tab
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 51
Thanked 237 Times in 148 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikyAndroid3 View Post
I have been busy lately and I wanted to share this out to everyone ASAP. Now as I have time I will test this out and get back to you ^^

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I open the app, it does require SuperUser permissions for several games. Also, it only displays popular games (All Angry Birds; Asphalt 6; Cut the Rope; Flick Golf etc.) in which to save from, but not the games stored on your phone...
However, this guy shows that it works. ~Check It Out~

Alas I will look for another method.
Watching now.

Even if this doesn't work for every game, it is a start. The popular ones are the games people worry about most, especially the average user. They are the ones who don't want to root for this feature.

Sadly, I think by the time this dev adds all games, it will be obsolete. I've said it time and time again, I think data sync will be in the next version of Android. Amazon did it, so it CAN be done.
SpikyAndroid3 likes this.
ExtremeNerd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2012, 11:47 AM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
SpikyAndroid3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Gender: Male
Posts: 64
 
Device(s): HTC Desire GSM *Rooted S-OFF* Running 4.1.2 VJ's ROM w/ a2sd | Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0" *Rooted*
Carrier: 3 UK / Vodafone UK

Thanks: 11
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeNerd View Post
Watching now.

Even if this doesn't work for every game, it is a start. The popular ones are the games people worry about most, especially the average user. They are the ones who don't want to root for this feature.

Sadly, I think by the time this dev adds all games, it will be obsolete. I've said it time and time again, I think data sync will be in the next version of Android. Amazon did it, so it CAN be done.
I would've recommended most droid users to root there phones for these sort of things. However, it does void the warranty and it could result in a bricked phone, but think of it, if one reads the instructions carefully to those who doesn't, will achieve success.
Hopefully, if some method does arise or some app like this, I'm sure it be bought to attention somehow.
SpikyAndroid3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply
Tags
backup, dropbox, game android, no root, restore, without root


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Discussion > Android Games
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:03 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.