Go Back   Android Forums > Android Discussion > Android Games
Android Games Whether free or paid, put Games on your Android Phone and play them! Talk about, share and discuss games for Android here. New apps can be found and announced in the Applications Announcements forum linked below.

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 22nd, 2013, 03:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Need for Speed Most Wanted Game Save Problem

My son has an LG MyTouch something or another, and we had it plugged in to my computer just now copying camera pictures off of it.

He tried to run Need for Speed with it still plugged into the USB cable, and it started over as if there was no game save. After removing the USB connection, it still just starts over and can't see his previous progress.

Looking at the memory card, there's game data for it in the location I read about in other posts here, but none had this exact problem. Those threads were downloading a save game from another person's phone. I just want it to recognize the one he's already got, on his memory card.

Anyone got any ideas? It's not a rooted phone and I'm admittedly an Android novice.

threefivezero is online now  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 22nd, 2013, 04:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 453
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy N3 / Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 109 Times in 95 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by threefivezero View Post
My son has an LG MyTouch something or another, and we had it plugged in to my computer just now copying camera pictures off of it.

He tried to run Need for Speed with it still plugged into the USB cable, and it started over as if there was no game save. After removing the USB connection, it still just starts over and can't see his previous progress.

Looking at the memory card, there's game data for it in the location I read about in other posts here, but none had this exact problem. Those threads were downloading a save game from another person's phone. I just want it to recognize the one he's already got, on his memory card.

Anyone got any ideas? It's not a rooted phone and I'm admittedly an Android novice.
It may be a bug with the game trying to access data on the internal SD card that has the game data on it. While using the USB the internal SD card is busy being used as a storage device.

You might want to restart the phone and then try opening the game again.
SkyJackpot is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2013, 04:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyJackpot View Post
It may be a bug with the game trying to access data on the internal SD card that has the game data on it. While using the USB the internal SD card is busy being used as a storage device.

You might want to restart the phone and then try opening the game again.
Ok we pulled the battery and rebooted the phone, and still no luck.
threefivezero is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2013, 06:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PA
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,540
 
Device(s): Rooted Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Rooted HTC Incredible, Stock 4G Motorola Droid Xyboard 10.1 (32GB)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 470
Thanked 1,957 Times in 1,327 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by threefivezero View Post
Ok we pulled the battery and rebooted the phone, and still no luck.
might be a long shot, but try copying the entire sd card contents to the pc.
then format the sd card (fat32/no quick format) , then copy everything back.
make sure to "unmount" the sd card before unplugging from the pc. lastly reboot the phone.
sdrawkcab25 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2013, 07:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdrawkcab25 View Post
might be a long shot, but try copying the entire sd card contents to the pc.
then format the sd card (fat32/no quick format) , then copy everything back.
make sure to "unmount" the sd card before unplugging from the pc. lastly reboot the phone.
Worth a shot man... he's so bummed. I'll copy tonight and try it tomorrow and report back, thanks again!
threefivezero is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2013, 03:53 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 453
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy N3 / Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 109 Times in 95 Posts
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by threefivezero View Post
Worth a shot man... he's so bummed. I'll copy tonight and try it tomorrow and report back, thanks again!
Reinstall the game. Next time try to remember not to use any programs on the phone while using the phone in USB storage mode, especially any programs which will have data saved on the internal SD card.

Programs eligible for data storage on the internal SD card will usually have large data sizes and include game data, map data etc and including but not limited to kind of program which has a large chunk of graphic and media data.
SkyJackpot is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Discussion > Android Games
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:15 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.