February 24th, 2011, 06:50 AM
Join Date: Jul 2010
Device(s): Evo 4G, 3D, LTE
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 3,270 Times in 1,410 Posts
Features that would make Android tablets outshine iPad2
1) USB Host mode. Meaning you could theoretically plug in a keyboard (or other HID) into a standard USB port on the tablet and use it automatically
2) tablet becomes a USB mass storage device when plugged into a PC. Android phones already work this way, so it's likely tablets will do the same. This is such an easy way to transfer files to/from the tablet. Apple forces you to use iTunes, and there's way more stuff I want to transfer outside of music and photos.
3) Better processor, more memory. The hardware in iPhone4 already pales in comparison to the latest Android phones.
4) comparable battery life to ipad2. This is Android's challenge. When a machine does more, it uses more juice. Apple's products are known for good battery life at the expense of threaded multitasking.
5) have features other than being a slab that runs apps. I think devices like the Atrix are evolving in the right direction. That tablet could serve as a monitor for a laptop (Lenovo has something like this) with a dual-boot OS: Android when used solely as tablet; other OS when docked as laptop. This solves the "lack of productivity" problems seen with just a tablet. Files between OS need to be commonly accessible.
That's my quick list
The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it. -Neil deGrasse Tyson
Help me out: Sign up with Dropbox and we both get 500MB extra space. Thanks!