June 15th, 2011, 01:51 PM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Jun 2011
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Droid on Cricket
So I've never personally owned a smart phone before, but I've used Windows phones and BB's for work. I also have an iPod Touch (though only 1Gen) so I think I have a feel for the iPhone experience. Now I'm limited in funds and am ready to move to an Android based-phone. I'm with Cricket, and their choices are somewhat limited, but I'll also admit I'm not much of a techy. Would you fine folks mind helping me out by answering a couple questions?:
- How much does processor speed matter? I've heard both the the Huawei Ascend does not run some apps like Angry Birds, and that it runs it fine.
- How easy is it to modify the main screen layouts? For instance, the Sanyo Zio has 3-4 screens laid out horizontally, while the Ascend has a 3, 3-screen rows stacked in a 9-screen grid. I'd much prefer the latter settup, but the Zio seems like a better phone.
- Does anyone have an opinion on the Zio Vs the Ascend?
- Is there any new info on when we can expect the Ascend 2? I suspect the deals they're pushing on the Ascend 1 means they're trying to deplete stock though.
- How easy is it to switch a phone designed for Sprint/Verizon to Cricket?
Any answers you could give me would be helpful. Thanks in advance!