I will buy my first tablet in April.
Here in Brazil, there aren't that many options and there are some national cheaper ones, but they are not that powerful when it comes to hardware. And the screen size are smaller than 10 inch, which I wouldn't like.
Right now, my choice is the Motorola Xoom, because:
• It has a 10.1 inch screen;
• It has 3G capabilities;
• It has a powerful hardware;
• It is/will be updated to Android 4.0 ICS;
• It will get cheaper with the release of newer tablets (right now it's about R$ 1,000 or US$ 500) and the price will proably get lower next month. That's what I'm waiting for.
• All in all, this one seems to be the best pick.
What are your thoughts?