Go Back   Android Forums > Android Discussion > Android Lounge
Android Lounge A place for general Android discussion and questions.

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 26th, 2012, 06:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Exclamation Help- Can not use market on phone

This is the jist of things. First i used this temporary root thing from my android it self which is called z4root. Then i started to get other apps that needed a root phone which are root uninstaller which uninstall anything on the phone even the system stuff and ad fly away i think it called which get rids of adds from apps. Then i turned off the phone and then turned i back on. By doing this, the rooting thing should be turned off and then all these error message which said something about the android has crashed and stuff. This came up every time and the certain started to crash like browser and i could not access the setting. Then i tried to reroot it and still came up with the messages. Then i decided to do a factory reset thinking nothing would happen. Once i did this, i wanted to reinstall some apps that i have backed up which did not needed root. (btw it also said something about ui being bad). When i went to android market to reinstall apk manager so i can install those apps but it just crashes. First when i open it up it pops up something saying it crashed and then it becomes a white screen then a black screen and the only thing i can do is click home to get back out of it. The only way i think i can be able to fix this is being able to do a proper refrash but i am not able to install anything. Can people help me out?
Thank you
The phone is an lg optimus gt540

786gangs is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old June 26th, 2012, 07:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡
 
DonB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: 18th Hole Of the Golf Course
Gender: Male
Posts: 18,109
 
Device(s): Moto X 16 GB / Stock all the way on AIO Wireless
Carrier: Aio Wireless

Thanks: 6,238
Thanked 6,729 Times in 3,975 Posts
Default

I think you will get more help in your device forum, give it a shot, LG Optimus (GT540)
__________________


Sticky: Lost/Stolen or Locked out of Device. Read Here!


Site Rules/Guidelines
If something needs attention, Report it .
If someone helped you, hit to show it.


DonB is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2012, 07:17 AM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonB View Post
I think you will get more help in your device forum, give it a shot, LG Optimus (GT540)
I doubt it would be only for this phone. My guess is the software which i mentioned above. But i will also post a thread there to get help.
786gangs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2012, 07:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡
 
DonB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: 18th Hole Of the Golf Course
Gender: Male
Posts: 18,109
 
Device(s): Moto X 16 GB / Stock all the way on AIO Wireless
Carrier: Aio Wireless

Thanks: 6,238
Thanked 6,729 Times in 3,975 Posts
Default

You might be correct, but this way if you also have it posted in your device forum, maybe someone with the same issue and run into the same problem and might have a solution. Some do not read the Android Lounge section, so more eyes quicker response IMO



Quote:
Originally Posted by 786gangs View Post
I doubt it would be only for this phone. My guess is the software which i mentioned above. But i will also post a thread there to get help.
DonB is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2012, 07:30 AM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonB View Post
You might be correct, but this way if you also have it posted in your device forum, maybe someone with the same issue and run into the same problem and might have a solution. Some do not read the Android Lounge section, so more eyes quicker response IMO
True. Thanks. I hope this get resolved soon. I really wanted some of those apps.
786gangs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2012, 11:37 AM   #6 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Btw i did delete some of the programs on the system before restarting it. I deleted 4 but i only remember 3 of them. They were 3 that i remember were 4 square, layers and google map. These software are still not on the phone even after i did factory restart.
786gangs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2012, 07:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
Hadron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Dimension Jumping
Posts: 11,555
 
Device(s): HTC One (S-Off), HTC Desire (retired)
Carrier: Orange UK

Thanks: 2,155
Thanked 4,787 Times in 3,476 Posts
Default

No, if you deleted system apps then a factory reset won't restore them. That only wipes the user apps and data, nothing more - the assumption is that you can't change /system, so a factory reset is just an erasing of the user area (/data), not a restore of /system. So if you deleted something critical that could be your problem.

That's the problem with "temp root" IMO - it temporarily gives you the tools to permanently make critical changes, without giving you the tools to fix problems (such as the ability to make a nand backup before changing /system, or just to use root privileges after a reboot).

I really think that you need a device expert to help you with this. You want to back up any critical user data then reflash the phone with the original software, but I don't know how to do that with an LG. The other option would be to properly root and flash a custom ROM, but either way you need someone who knows your device to help.
__________________
Forum Rules & Guidelines - Android Forums FAQ
If a post helps you, use the Thanks! button.
Spam or offensive? Don't respond, report it /!\
Hadron is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2012, 04:01 AM   #8 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadron View Post
No, if you deleted system apps then a factory reset won't restore them. That only wipes the user apps and data, nothing more - the assumption is that you can't change /system, so a factory reset is just an erasing of the user area (/data), not a restore of /system. So if you deleted something critical that could be your problem.

That's the problem with "temp root" IMO - it temporarily gives you the tools to permanently make critical changes, without giving you the tools to fix problems (such as the ability to make a nand backup before changing /system, or just to use root privileges after a reboot).

I really think that you need a device expert to help you with this. You want to back up any critical user data then reflash the phone with the original software, but I don't know how to do that with an LG. The other option would be to properly root and flash a custom ROM, but either way you need someone who knows your device to help.
I do know how to flash it after i looked ll over the internet. My issue is mainly on how to install apk files without using market or google play. I know what softwares i need but i do not know how to install them on the phone :/
If you are talking about flashing it from pc, then i do not know how to do that.
786gangs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply
Tags
android, root, unroot


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Discussion > Android Lounge
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:42 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.