Go Back   Android Forums > Android Discussion > Android Lounge
Android Lounge A place for general Android discussion and questions.

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old October 2nd, 2012, 05:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: India
Gender: Male
Posts: 14
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S duos
Carrier: AirTel

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cry Feeling Desperate after buying Samsung S7562

Hey hi . My name is Rahul and i really need your help with my new phone Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562.

First of all the Battery Duration is pathetic compared to other cheaper Android phones. It hardly runs for a day with moderate usage. So i would really appreciate if you could help me.

Second I have mounted a 8 GB Strontium SD. My phone recognizes it but majority of my apps cant see it. I wanted to move my apps from intsdcard to extSDcard which can be done from the application manager but my phone doesnt have a button allowing the option. It only has the clear cache button. Pls help me here too. I urgently need them as i am an IT student and majority of my assignments I do using my phone viz. Document transfer, E-books, Project Documents, Presentation etc.


Please reply asap as i am having second thoughts about my phone.(1st time in my life!!)

Advertisements
rahul_subro is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old October 2nd, 2012, 05:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 63
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 3
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

shoulda gone with the s3
DROZ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2012, 07:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
The Doctor
 
chanchan05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,422
 
Device(s): Note 3 LTE (N7105), Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus (P6200), Samsung Galaxy SL (I9003), , Samsung Galaxy
Carrier: Globe Philippines

Thanks: 174
Thanked 2,531 Times in 2,093 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_subro View Post
Hey hi . My name is Rahul and i really need your help with my new phone Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562.

First of all the Battery Duration is pathetic compared to other cheaper Android phones. It hardly runs for a day with moderate usage. So i would really appreciate if you could help me.

Second I have mounted a 8 GB Strontium SD. My phone recognizes it but majority of my apps cant see it. I wanted to move my apps from intsdcard to extSDcard which can be done from the application manager but my phone doesnt have a button allowing the option. It only has the clear cache button. Pls help me here too. I urgently need them as i am an IT student and majority of my assignments I do using my phone viz. Document transfer, E-books, Project Documents, Presentation etc.


Please reply asap as i am having second thoughts about my phone.(1st time in my life!!)

You can't move apps from internal sd to external. The application manager only moves from phone memory to internal sd, not to external
__________________
https://shared.com?ref=51950 100GB free storage. WOW.

Worried about your health? Take the True Health Assessment now! Click HERE
chanchan05 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2012, 08:59 AM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ExtremeNerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: STL
Gender: Male
Posts: 744
 
Device(s): SGS 3, HTC Glacier, Skypad A2, Viewsonic G Tab
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 51
Thanked 237 Times in 148 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_subro View Post
Hey hi . My name is Rahul and i really need your help with my new phone Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562.

First of all the Battery Duration is pathetic compared to other cheaper Android phones. It hardly runs for a day with moderate usage. So i would really appreciate if you could help me.

Second I have mounted a 8 GB Strontium SD. My phone recognizes it but majority of my apps cant see it. I wanted to move my apps from intsdcard to extSDcard which can be done from the application manager but my phone doesnt have a button allowing the option. It only has the clear cache button. Pls help me here too. I urgently need them as i am an IT student and majority of my assignments I do using my phone viz. Document transfer, E-books, Project Documents, Presentation etc.


Please reply asap as i am having second thoughts about my phone.(1st time in my life!!)
What kind of battery life do you expect from a phone? Nearly all smartphones will only get you a day of moderate use. That's how they work. Not to mention, you have a 1500 mah battery. That's low end specs. If you want better battery life, get a bigger battery.
ExtremeNerd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2012, 12:44 AM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: India
Gender: Male
Posts: 14
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S duos
Carrier: AirTel

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanchan05 View Post
You can't move apps from internal sd to external. The application manager only moves from phone memory to internal sd, not to external
@ Chanchan05: Thank You. But it should at least provide me that button right but mine doesn't even have it. On asking the support guys at the store they said that button moves the apps to intSDcard. Fine, but there is no button so how the heck do i transfer them to intSDcard.
rahul_subro is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2012, 12:50 AM   #6 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: India
Gender: Male
Posts: 14
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S duos
Carrier: AirTel

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeNerd View Post
What kind of battery life do you expect from a phone? Nearly all smartphones will only get you a day of moderate use. That's how they work. Not to mention, you have a 1500 mah battery. That's low end specs. If you want better battery life, get a bigger battery.
I dont think so.. Only the android smartphones have the lowest battery life.. Comnpared with Symbian and Apple they give approx 1.5-2 days battery life on my kinda usage. I am talking on basis of personal experience.

But hey i am just a newbie with android & you guys have more knowledge, i'll take your word for it.
rahul_subro is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2012, 01:47 AM   #7 (permalink)
你好
 
mikedt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Xilinhot, China
Posts: 9,946
 
Device(s): Oppo Find 7a, Samsung Galaxy Win Duos(spare), Lenovo P700i(retired), KIRF Galaxy Note(deceased)
Carrier: China Mobile

Thanks: 3,440
Thanked 2,851 Times in 2,059 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to mikedt
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_subro View Post
I dont think so.. Only the android smartphones have the lowest battery life.. Comnpared with Symbian
I think many Symbian smart-phones were not really that smart, not compared with what with have now, with large screens, fast GHz+ multi-core CPUs, 3G/4G etc. My old Symbian Nokia 6600 (circa 2003) could go for three days, and that was with quite heavy usage. And I doubt very much that Li-Po battery technology has improved much over 9 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_subro View Post
and Apple they give approx 1.5-2 days battery life on my kinda usage.
I think battery life with various iPhones can be really variable. Seems like from half a day to several days. Friend of mine who's an internet social networking junky is always charging his 4S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_subro View Post
II am talking on basis of personal experience.

But hey i am just a newbie with android & you guys have more knowledge, i'll take your word for it.
I'm certainly happy with the battery life of my current Lenovo P700i. Lasts twice as long as my previous Galaxy S, two whole days with my normal usage. But then it's got a 2500mA/h battery as standard. The Samsung only had a 1500mH/h battery, and the Lenovo is more powerful.
__________________
The People's Guide to Android in the People's Republic.
Honorary Grand Poobah Shenzhen University English Corner.
http://welcometomychina.tumblr.com/
There are nine million bicycles in Beijing.
There are nine million Androids in Shenzhen.
mikedt is online now  
Last edited by mikedt; October 4th, 2012 at 01:55 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2012, 02:10 AM   #8 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
Hadron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Dimension Jumping
Posts: 12,300
 
Device(s): HTC One (S-Off), HTC Desire (retired)
Carrier: Orange UK

Thanks: 2,281
Thanked 5,166 Times in 3,721 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_subro View Post
@ Chanchan05: Thank You. But it should at least provide me that button right but mine doesn't even have it. On asking the support guys at the store they said that button moves the apps to intSDcard. Fine, but there is no button so how the heck do i transfer them to intSDcard.
No button at all, or greyed-out?

If the latter, that's what I'd expect for pre-installed apps (which live in a different storage partition anyway). What's it look like for apps you install? There are some that don't allow move to sd anyway, but most user apps should.

If no button at all, can we just check were you are looking and what version of Android you are running? It has been standard since 2.2 so should be there.
__________________
Forum Rules & Guidelines - Android Forums FAQ
If a post helps you, use the Thanks! button.
Spam or offensive? Don't respond, report it /!\
Hadron is offline  
Last edited by Hadron; October 4th, 2012 at 02:17 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply
Tags
desperate here!!!, help!!!!!, sos!!!!


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Discussion > Android Lounge
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:49 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.