November 5th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Huntsville, Alabama
Device(s): Droid RAZR M (current) Samsung Galaxy S Captivate (old)
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Speakerphone automatically on during calls... fixed!
I just wanted to share my fix for my speakerphone automatically being on (by default) during phone calls. The problem was related to an Elixir statusbar widget. Here is the background and how I fixed my problem, with help from another thread from a phone-specific subforum.
I used to have "Speakerphone Toggle" on my statusbar widget. The last time I had that widget active, the speakerphone toggle was on. So, I did the following things to fix my speakerphone-on-by-default problem.
(1) added the speakerphone toggle back to my statusbar widget
(2) used the status bar widget icon to turn OFF the speakerphone (yes... it was still toggled on)
(3) called my cellphone from my work phone and it was fixed
(4) removed the speakerphone toggle from the statusbar widget
(5) called my cellphone AGAIN from my work phone, for verification
No phone restart or factory data reset was attempted or required. I posted this in a non-phone-specific forum so that maybe more people would see it. If it matters to any guru's though, my phone is a stock Droid Razr M that is about a month old as of 11/5/2012.
I really like Elixir's statusbar widget. So, I am keeping the app. My user error was not the app's fault!