December 3rd, 2012, 03:39 PM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Jul 2011
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
How I moved apps on Android 4.0 to SD card.
I've read a lot of non success posts. Here's how I did it on my 4.0 MID 7" tablet with a pretty generic load of the operating system. And without root access.
1. Click on the three dot "Option menu indicator" on the home screen.
2. Select "System Settings"
3. Under Device, select "Storage"
4. The first item on the right is DEFAULT READING/WRITING STORAGE.
5. Click on "/mnt/local" and change to the option for SD Card on the next pop up screen. You will be prompted to re-boot and do so.
6. Go back to the same place and confirm that it is now set to "/mnt/sdcard.
7. Download and install app "App 2 SD" from Google Play. When you run it, the optiion to move to SD card will now appear. You may move all the apps on the "movable" screen except those with a grey X on them and I wouldn't move the actual Android 4.0 app either. I had to do it one at a time.
If you don't do steps 1. through 6. above, when you run App 2 SD there will be no option to "Move to SD card".
Future downloads of apps will automatically be installed on the SD card if they are compatible.
Hope this works for you too.