January 24th, 2013, 11:58 AM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Jan 2013
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question about clock app permissions v1277 mtk6577
I'm a noob with smartphones and just bought a Star V1277 from hongkongeek. The phone is great except when I looked at the clock app it had loads of permissions that I don't think it needs:
This app can access the following on your phone:
- Your personal information (read contact data, read user defined dictionary, write contact data)
- Services that cost you money (directly call phone numbers)
- Your location (coarse (network based), location, fine (GPS) location
- Network communication (control near field communication, Bluetooth connections, full internet acess)
- Your accounts (use the authentication credentials of an account)
- Storage (modify/delete SD card contents)
- Phone Calls (read phone state and identity)
- Hardware controls (change your audio settings)
- System tools (bluetooth administration, change wi-fi state, change wimax state, change your ui settings, disable keylock, display system-level alerts, modify global system settings, mount and unmount filesystems, prevent phone from sleeping, retrieve rnning applications, write sync settings.
Is this spyware?
If so, what can I do about it? I can't uninstall this widget and it says I can 'stop' it but I would rather remove it from the device altogether. Is there a way to do this?