March 19th, 2013, 06:18 PM
=Luceat Lux Vestra=
Join Date: Jan 2010
Device(s): HTC One, Galaxy Tab 7" 2 Rooted
Thanked 9,256 Times in 5,117 Posts
Originally Posted by CritterLes
Just finished loading a new ROM on my phone and I see I now have additional options and capabilities on my phone. before finding this board I didn't know there were so many different Rom's for each phone. Is there a site that explains what each new/modified ROM adds to the phones capabilities?
This board has been so helpful. Wouldn't have been able to Root or Flash the phone without it.
Well, so you rooted and flashed a ROM without knowing why. ..er, cool.
- Ability to install apps to the external sd memory card
- Ability to get the latest updates/upgrades to the OS often prior to official release
- Ability to customize with even more options than stock ROMs, using apps and widgets available only to rooted devices
- Ability (in some ROMs) to speed up the CPU a little bit (make the system faster) via special apps/widgets as mentioned above
- Ability to freeze and save or remove "bloatware," that is, apps/widgets included by the carrier and/or manufacturer that are of no use to the average user
Have a read here:
Custom ROMs For Android Explained - Here Is Why You Want Them
Up and downsides of ROMs via root.