April 1st, 2013, 09:51 AM
Join Date: Aug 2012
Device(s): SGS 3, HTC Glacier, Skypad A2, Viewsonic G Tab
Thanked 237 Times in 148 Posts
Originally Posted by Paddy Landau
I have a strange synchronisation problem with Google Contacts.
- When I create, modify or delete contacts on Google Contacts (on my PC), they synchronise almost immediately to my phone.
- When I modify or delete contacts on my phone, they sync within a minute or so to Google Contacts (on my PC).
- But, when I create a contact on my phone, it will not sync at all to my Google Contacts, even if I wait an entire day.
Any idea how to fix this last problem? If I'm out and I add a contact to my phone, I would expect it to synchronise to Google Contacts.
Seems like you're not saving the contact to your Google account. Whenever you create a contact, it probably asks you where to save it. If you say anything other than Google (eg, Phone, SIM), it will not sync. Simply choose Google instead and it will sync.
If you don't get the option, look in your menus for the default saving location. It is likely not Google.
The Commandments of Android
1) Open RAM is wasted RAM - Don't use Task Killers
2) Cheap devices are cheap for a reason. Don't expect high end performance.
3) Boot Loop = Wipe.
4) There are no viruses for android.