Go Back   Android Forums > Android Discussion > Android Media
Android Media For Ringtones, Video, TV, Audio or anything else Multimedia related...

Find everything you need for the Galaxy S5 and discuss it in our S5 forum!
Have you seen that OnePlus One's awesome camera?? The forum is over here!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old September 3rd, 2012, 06:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Saginaw, MI
Posts: 883
 
Device(s): HTC Evo V
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 65
Thanked 22 Times in 17 Posts
Default Ringtones

Does anyone know, when I save a ringtone from a app, where does it get stored, on the sd card or in the android memory. And what would be the name of the file, I can't find the ones I downloaded. Thanks for the feedback.

jreink01 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 3rd, 2012, 06:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
davidmargolin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 955
 
Device(s): /Bricked my Galaxy Prevail /Lost my Evo V (Evo 3d) /Own a Galaxy Reverb /Love my Nexus 7
Carrier: Virgin Mobile USA

Thanks: 134
Thanked 229 Times in 164 Posts
Default

please give me the name of the app and i will check it out... prob stored in sd card...
davidmargolin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2012, 07:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Saginaw, MI
Posts: 883
 
Device(s): HTC Evo V
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 65
Thanked 22 Times in 17 Posts
Default

It is zedge ringtone app from the market place.

Thanks
jreink01 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2012, 07:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Saginaw, MI
Posts: 883
 
Device(s): HTC Evo V
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 65
Thanked 22 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Also, where would the ringtones that came with the phone be stored, I would like to delete the ones I will never use. I am rooted, s-ff and have mounted the disk as writable so I'm sure I will have no problem in deleting them, when I can find them.
jreink01 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2012, 07:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
davidmargolin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 955
 
Device(s): /Bricked my Galaxy Prevail /Lost my Evo V (Evo 3d) /Own a Galaxy Reverb /Love my Nexus 7
Carrier: Virgin Mobile USA

Thanks: 134
Thanked 229 Times in 164 Posts
Default

i have just downloaded it and checked it out... the ringtone is on your sd card...
go to the zedge folder then... go to the ringtones folder... and you should find your ringtone there...
davidmargolin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2012, 07:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
davidmargolin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 955
 
Device(s): /Bricked my Galaxy Prevail /Lost my Evo V (Evo 3d) /Own a Galaxy Reverb /Love my Nexus 7
Carrier: Virgin Mobile USA

Thanks: 134
Thanked 229 Times in 164 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreink01 View Post
Also, where would the ringtones that came with the phone be stored, I would like to delete the ones I will never use. I am rooted, s-ff and have mounted the disk as writable so I'm sure I will have no problem in deleting them, when I can find them.
this might be different if you are using a rom but ringtones should be located at
system/media/audio/ringtones...
hope this helped
davidmargolin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2012, 08:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Saginaw, MI
Posts: 883
 
Device(s): HTC Evo V
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 65
Thanked 22 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmargolin View Post
this might be different if you are using a rom but ringtones should be located at
system/media/audio/ringtones...
hope this helped

You are right, thats where the stock ringtones are. Thanks
But it is not where my downloaded ringtones are. Do you know where those are stored, they must be stored in a different folder. When I go to settings, sound, ringtones, it brings up a list of ringtones, both stock and the downloaded ones. So, whichever folder the downloaded ringtones are in, the phone is seeing them in that folder. I have downloaded ringtones from several different apps, one is zedge. I looked in the zedge folder on the sd card and the ones I downloaded from that app are in there. Am I correct in assuming that all ringtones, stock and downloaded ones are kept in different folders instead of one place and if that is the case, the phone would see all these differnt folders then. Sorry, but I just want to make sure I am understanding this.
jreink01 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2012, 08:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
davidmargolin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 955
 
Device(s): /Bricked my Galaxy Prevail /Lost my Evo V (Evo 3d) /Own a Galaxy Reverb /Love my Nexus 7
Carrier: Virgin Mobile USA

Thanks: 134
Thanked 229 Times in 164 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreink01 View Post
You are right, thats where the stock ringtones are. Thanks
But it is not where my downloaded ringtones are. Do you know where those are stored, they must be stored in a different folder. When I go to settings, sound, ringtones, it brings up a list of ringtones, both stock and the downloaded ones. So, whichever folder the downloaded ringtones are in, the phone is seeing them in that folder. I have downloaded ringtones from several different apps, one is zedge. I looked in the zedge folder on the sd card and the ones I downloaded from that app are in there. Am I correct in assuming that all ringtones, stock and downloaded ones are kept in different folders instead of one place and if that is the case, the phone would see all these differnt folders then. Sorry, but I just want to make sure I am understanding this.
yes.. the phone sees the ringtones in many diff folders... ringtones from diff apps are found on diff sd card folders while all of the ringtones are also found in the system directory
davidmargolin is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to davidmargolin For This Useful Post:
jreink01 (September 3rd, 2012)
Old September 5th, 2012, 02:18 AM   #9 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

what is a good site or app the get the best ringtones? i am sick of the same old boring ones... know of an app where i can create my own ringtones??
sarahgraham is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2012, 04:00 AM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
myshkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ft Worth, Texas
Posts: 441
 
Device(s): LG Connect 4G, Samsung Admire (rooted)(deactive) In the past: HTC EVO Samsung Intercept HTC Her
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 72
Thanked 65 Times in 46 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to myshkin
Default

There are several apps for this, it depends on what you want to do. Do you want to take part of a song you like, say the chorus & make that into a ringtone? That's what I did because when I just chose a song I liked, I just heard the opening music at first. I used mp3 ringtone editor. I deleted & replaced every ringtone, notification & alarm sound. Since I only use 1 alarm sound & 1 notification sound, I didn't see any reason to have that stealing my space. So while I was doing that I decided to delete the languages I will never use & also fonts.
__________________

CHOOSE HOPE & NEVER GIVE UP!!
myshkin is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Discussion > Android Media
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:40 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.