Go Back   Android Forums > Android Discussion > Android Media
Android Media For Ringtones, Video, TV, Audio or anything else Multimedia related...

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old October 28th, 2012, 10:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Exclamation Android TV Box Wifi Problem

Hi, I recently bought a JUSTOP Android 4 TV box from amazon. Being a recent new member, I can't specify a link but if search for JUSTOP android 4 box in Amazon, you'll know which one it is. It has a fair few reviews also.

Does anyone else have the same TV box? I had high hopes for it and it had some really good reviews from other people who had bought the product. I received it yesterday and everything seems to work well, very easy to plug into TV, played many different file formats, very well designed menus, fast and sits great behind my TV.

But since receiving it, I have had real problems with the WIFI disconnecting. At first I thought this was a hardware problem relating to the wireless receiver but after a few tests it was clear it was software related.

The WIFI ONLY disconnects every time I run an application (youtube,google play, browser, anything). If the box is in an idle state the WIFI stays connected with a strong signal. I have messed around with many different settings with the hope of being able to fix it but still no such luck. What is so frustrating is that everything else about the box is great and if the WIFI only worked properly I could see myself using this a lot due to turning my TV into a smart TV. It does come with a manual (with not so great english) which states about using PhoenixCardv306 to update it, although I wouldn't know where to find the update file for this as I'm surprised by how little information there is on this box over the internet (my fault, and starting to regret buying it).

Does anyone else own the same box or something similar and is there a solution to fix this?

srtcy is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old October 29th, 2012, 10:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
你好
 
mikedt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Xilinhot, China 中国锡林浩特
Posts: 8,674
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Win Duos, Lenovo P700i
Carrier: China Mobile, China Unicom.

Thanks: 2,952
Thanked 2,501 Times in 1,794 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to mikedt
Default

This is one of those cheapo Chinese Android STBs that are becoming rather popular now. Being what it is and the fact that the Wi-Fi is giving problems, I'd suggest it could be faulty. Probably would be best to return it for refund, repair or replacement under warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srtcy View Post
Hi, I recently bought a JUSTOP Android 4 TV box from amazon. Being a recent new member, I can't specify a link but if search for JUSTOP android 4 box in Amazon, you'll know which one it is. It has a fair few reviews also.

Does anyone else have the same TV box? I had high hopes for it and it had some really good reviews from other people who had bought the product. I received it yesterday and everything seems to work well, very easy to plug into TV, played many different file formats, very well designed menus, fast and sits great behind my TV.

But since receiving it, I have had real problems with the WIFI disconnecting. At first I thought this was a hardware problem relating to the wireless receiver but after a few tests it was clear it was software related.

The WIFI ONLY disconnects every time I run an application (youtube,google play, browser, anything). If the box is in an idle state the WIFI stays connected with a strong signal. I have messed around with many different settings with the hope of being able to fix it but still no such luck. What is so frustrating is that everything else about the box is great and if the WIFI only worked properly I could see myself using this a lot due to turning my TV into a smart TV. It does come with a manual (with not so great english)
Yeh, it's called Chinglish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srtcy View Post
which states about using PhoenixCardv306 to update it, although I wouldn't know where to find the update file for this as I'm surprised by how little information there is on this box over the internet (my fault, and starting to regret buying it).
Often there is very little or no information at all for these things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srtcy View Post
Does anyone else own the same box or something similar and is there a solution to fix this?
It's probably faulty based on what you've described and should be returned.
__________________
The People's Guide to Android in the People's Republic.
Honorary Grand Poobah Shenzhen University English Corner.
http://welcometomychina.tumblr.com/
There are nine million bicycles in Beijing.
There are nine million Androids in Shenzhen.
mikedt is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2012, 11:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3
 
Device(s): Lenovo K1 and iPad II Ployer 11 Bird / playbook Mele A200/0G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by srtcy View Post
Hi, I recently bought a JUSTOP Android 4 TV box from amazon. Being a recent new member, I can't specify a link but if search for JUSTOP android 4 box in Amazon, you'll know which one it is. It has a fair few reviews also.

Does anyone else have the same TV box? I had high hopes for it and it had some really good reviews from other people who had bought the product. I received it yesterday and everything seems to work well, very easy to plug into TV, played many different file formats, very well designed menus, fast and sits great behind my TV.

But since receiving it, I have had real problems with the WIFI disconnecting. At first I thought this was a hardware problem relating to the wireless receiver but after a few tests it was clear it was software related.

The WIFI ONLY disconnects every time I run an application (youtube,google play, browser, anything). If the box is in an idle state the WIFI stays connected with a strong signal. I have messed around with many different settings with the hope of being able to fix it but still no such luck. What is so frustrating is that everything else about the box is great and if the WIFI only worked properly I could see myself using this a lot due to turning my TV into a smart TV. It does come with a manual (with not so great english) which states about using PhoenixCardv306 to update it, although I wouldn't know where to find the update file for this as I'm surprised by how little information there is on this box over the internet (my fault, and starting to regret buying it).

Does anyone else own the same box or something similar and is there a solution to fix this?
-------
I have two TV boxes, one from Mele A2000G (Android 4.0.4) and the other is Asus Air, both are working fine but occationaly both get disconnected from WiFi due to the fact that both are quite far from my router which is at the 1st. floor and the TV boxes are on 3rd. floor.
check with manufacturer and found out if there is a new Firmware whcih correct the WiFi issue.
Rez999 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rez999 For This Useful Post:
mikedt (November 1st, 2012)
Old November 6th, 2012, 09:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 158
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

I got one of these. It's good for the price 39 and does what I want it to.

The only problem is the speed of my wired connection.

I am plugged into a power line and the box gets 2mb per second. My pc next to it, into an identical powerline gets 20mb.

Any reasons why?
smallclone is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2012, 10:55 AM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talking

Wifi and wired connection (ethernet), can't be used at the same time.

If you use wifi, disable ethernet in the settings will be fine.
Justin_JTC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2012, 04:08 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 158
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_JTC View Post
Wifi and wired connection (ethernet), can't be used at the same time.

If you use wifi, disable ethernet in the settings will be fine.
It's the other way around though. I'm using wired (plugged) and it's only getting 2mb. I've heard that the wired adapters are buggy on these units.
smallclone is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2013, 01:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 17
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I've just got a android v box and it worked great at first now I've lost the wifi don't know how. I'me sending it back and asking for a replacement if that fails I'll be wanting my money back.
tony007 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply
Tags
android, android tv, disconnecting, smart tv, wifi


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Discussion > Android Media
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:01 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.