December 11th, 2012, 09:12 PM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Jul 2012
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The Best music player SHOULD be able to do this....
I have a question about players.. it seems it *should* be simple but Android does not seem able to handle it.
I am looking for a music player on par with iOS basic player. Before the flame war begins, hear me out.
1. Most important feature. This one is the deal breaker. (if i find this, i can forgive the rest) MUST be able to sort Genre by artist. Before you say Mixzing, I will tell you it does not. If you go to Genre, then it shows artist. If you click on the artist, it shows ALL songs by that artist.... not just the one in the genre you picked.
Why do i need this? I'll give you an example.
In iOS if someone wanted to to play, Green Day (for example). They could:
a) play ALL the Green day music by going to the artist section, or
b) they could play only their favorites by going to genre, (favorites) then Artist (green day) then all their favorites are there without the ‘not so good’ songs.
I am sure I am not the only one that likes to play ALL the music by an artist on some occasions, while only their favorites on other occasions.
Aside from doing it the way it is done in iOS as outlined above(having the Genre list break down into artists and albums) maybe another (dare I say better) way to come at it would be a filter that could be accessible from anywhere that would let you select “show only 5 star” or something. So you could play all songs by an artist by going to the artist tab; or you could play only your favorites by going to the artist tab, hitting the “filter” button, then selecting ‘show only 5 star songs’ or something to that effect. That would filter the rest out.
I told you the first one was a big one! now the rest:
2) Speaking of stars.... Android doesn't seem to support them. Sure they can be viewed and adjusted in some players... but why? You can't sort by them, set up playlists based on them, or use them in any meaningful way.
3) 30 second rewind like in iOS. Seems simple enough. Yet deceptively hard to find.
4) This is another deceptively easy one... Why does the scrubber on ALL android music players show the play-time on the right of the scrubber, and a STATIC track length on the other? Again with iOS.. iOS shows the time left on the right. Seems easy, right? good luck finding an Android one that can do it.
5) a playing "X of XX" tally. on a playlist of 6 songs, it would be like a "now playing" 4 of 6. Seems easy.
I am by no means an apple fan-boi. I did, however come from the ipod touch. So i am used to the Apple way.
The funny thing is, everyone says Android is better because there is so much choice..... I would LOVE to choose one that does the above. It doesn't seem to exist.