December 26th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Aug 2011
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Music not showing in My Music
I have a problem that I though was going to be an easy fix. Part of it was.
All of a sudden my pictures and music (stored on my external SD) stopped appearing in my libraries. It turns out that I accidentally put a .nomedia file in the root folder of the phone (which included the internal and external storage). When I deleted that, my pictures worked great. But, when I went to check my music (which had been working fine for months) it wasn't there.
Here are the other things I have tried so far:
1. Stopping and Clearing Media Storage App data
2. Unmountng and re-mounting SD card.
3. Clearing cache from recovery boot menu
4. Looked for .nomedia files via both ESexplorer and USB with windows explorer
5. Factory Reset (I've been wanting to do that for a while anyway).
6. Several "rescanners" from the Play Store.
I even tried doing 1, 2, and 3 together at basically the same time.
I have a feeling there is a .nomedia file somewhere, but I can't see one that would seem to cause an issue or that hasn't been there for months.
Any help would be appreciated
Since my original post, I have also tried:
7. Formatting an SD card with the phone and copying music to it.
8. Moving the music to the internal storage.
None of these have worked, even with clearing the data and rebooting after each.
Rooted Droid RAZR Maxx, Android 4.0.4
Last edited by mgaworecki; December 27th, 2012 at 07:01 AM.
Reason: Added more attempts at fixing the problem.