Hi - I have a collection of songs that I have put together under one 'Album' title. I have discarded a lot of the I.D. Tags other than Album, Album Artist and Song Title. That's it - a nice simple clean ID tag. I use ID3 Tag Editor to make sure everything is all listed under the one album title. I've checked and quadruple checked that all vesitages of any original ID tag has been disposed of. And yet, when I look on my player, there are a gazillion folders all with the same album title but not under one album. Drives me crazy when I want to shuffle play this one album and it won't because all the songs are under different folders. Not all the songs have their own folder. Just about a hundred out of the over 1700 songs I have under the one title. I've looked up these songs in my original folder that I have on my PC and there is nothing amiss. Can anyone help explain why this one album continually comes up so fragmented? Is the size of the album too big? Am I missing something? I've tried to keep the explanation simpe but if you need any other details, I'd be glad to oblige.
I'd double check the sync settings. It may just be the way its syncing to the device. What program are you using? Also, if you're able to see the folders its putting them into, you could simply move those folders back to your computer put all the songs into the one folder, then move that folder back to the device. Or is it the device that is separating your songs into the many folders? Also, are all the songs from one artist, or many artists? I know that Winamp will separate my songs according to artist, then a subfolder with the album title, and the songs will be in that. If that's the case, and you're using Winamp, you can change those settings in the rip CD settings.
Last edited by ZeroGeined; May 10th, 2013 at 01:12 PM.
On my PC, everything is nice and neat in on folder titled 'MP3 Playlist' (lame, I know but I'm only using that for simplicity sake), it is the device that is seperating the songs into different folders. Still with the same Album title. And as I mentioned, it's not all the songs that are suddenly seperated. But each time I go to play music, more folders are generated (at least it seems to me). I've tried to delete the album from the device and then quintriple (is that word?) the check on the original folder to make sure everything is okay. When I reload, they are again seperated.
Thanks for the really quick response by the way.
Not a problem. I was browsing the most recent forums on my phone. Lol.
As for your device generating the folders, that is an odd one to me. Are you using an mp3 player or an Android phone? I know, it may be an obvious answer, but just to cover all bases and make sure. If its an mp3 player, I'd check for a firmware update. Maybe its a glitch that the device manufacturer had sorted out. If its an Android phone, if actually have to recommend Winamp. They have a free version but it doesn't have eq. I'm just tryingto figure or if its Android itself or if its the music application.
Thanks Zero - I have the same folder on an old Creative Zen - no problem. It gets hairy when I put the album onto my Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 or my Kyocera Rise (which I bought to take over for the Zen - got it cheap). So to me, it seems to point to the Android OS. I've even downloaded the DoubleTwist player app to see if it might just have been the Google Play Music app - but to no avail. Still the same result. Frustrating.
On my PC, I just copy the file over to the album folder and then when I'm happy and all the ID fields are as I want them, I just copy it over to the SD card on either player. When I finish copying, I 'explore' the card and everything is under one folder. It's only when I put the card back into the device does it screw up.
I do have Winamp but I'm not sure that would be the solution although it's getting to a point where I just may try it. I just figured that the ID3 Tag would do just as good a job of editing.
Wow. That's an odd one. I've never heard of Android doing that. Although admittedly I've only been on Android for 5 months. Have you been frustrated enough to try factory resetting either phone? If you have, then I'm stumped and I'd invite someone else to jump in on this with some ideas. Otherwise I'd say try using Winamp for Android seeing as how it has a playlist editor and several other nice features that I use on a regular basis that I haven't found on the factory player included with my phone. The last thing I can think of to try is instead of putting it on the SD card, put it straight into the internal memory of the phone (if you have the space, I know mine doesn't), or leave the SD in the phone and hook it up to the computer with the SD in and access it that way.
Thanks Zero - I have been trying to leave the card in the player for both devices but my PC doesn't want to recognize them no matter what version of Kies I have. Believe me, I've tried everything and tried to hunt down the solution to that problem. I just can't get this infernal box to recognize them. And that includes deleting and reinstalling the driver software. Another frustration. I just found it easier to plug the card right into the PC and download that way.
I'll try the Winamp and see what happens.
No problem dude. I had a feeling that there had to be a reason you weren't leaving the card in. Let me know if it works for you. By the way, if you have both Winamp on your PC, and Winamp on your Android device, you can actually sync songs to the device over wifi.