June 6th, 2013, 09:22 PM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Apr 2011
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
nexus 7 as head unit in a car
Brainstorming this idea here. Like to here from anyone doing this.
1) wireless charging. Using those pad things : will it charge well enough to play music or navigate at the same time? If not usb works.
2) wireless sound? : will a bluetooth solution deliver stereo sound with good quality? if not audio jack works
3) Apps: I assume they make some that would work well with a car?
4) tether, legitimacy here with some carriers but nice to have.
5) I assume one could BT the phone to the tablet and make calls on the tablet?
6) thought about remote so I dont have to look at the screen and touch it. Though I could not find one that had a way to control all apps and launch them. Would need to be somewhat custom.
7) still have my stock unit for cd/dvd/mp3 sticks and what not. and could use the USB OTG do make the nexus use usb media I think.
8) I'd need a front end on the nexus that controller the receiver via blue tooth, not sure on this one.
Just a thought in progress here, I used a lame slow windows based tablet for 5-7 years with much luck. Was going to get a fancy AVIC like stereo but want to ponder this first.
Last edited by ulao; June 7th, 2013 at 03:41 PM.