Go Back   Android Forums > Android Discussion > Android Themes
Android Themes Customize the look/feel of your Android with wallpaper, icons, graphics and more!

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 18th, 2012, 10:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
ryanred5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 9
 
Device(s): HTC Desire Z
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question Go Launcher Ex Visual Effects problem

Hi

I hope someone can help me with the problem I've got with Go Launcher Ex.

When I go into the Preferences of Go Launcher Ex and open Visual Settings, I noticed that just under where it says Visual Settings, it now says "Partial Interface". The sections under Visual Settings are now just Background, Icon, Font and Indicator, I'm sure the sections were different before, I'm sure there was a section about Go Locker but that's gone now. I don't know what's happened to the Visual Settings and why it now says "Partial Interface" when I open it.

I have uninstalled both Go Launcher Ex and Go Locker, then I reinstalled them both but that made no difference, the problem is still there.

Has anyone else had this problem, if so, do you know what's caused it and whether it can be sorted out?

Please help. Thank you.

Best wishes

Catherine x

ryanred5 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 19th, 2012, 02:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: UK- East Anglia
Posts: 298
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 20
Thanked 20 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Dont you specify settings for Go locker within the locker app itself??
JR866Gooner is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2012, 09:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
ryanred5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 9
 
Device(s): HTC Desire Z
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR866Gooner View Post
Dont you specify settings for Go locker within the locker app itself??
Hi

Thanks for your reply to my message.

Yes you can specify settings in Go Locker itself, that's not a problem I have. I want Go Launcher to work as it should do.

I'm wondering whether I should uninstall again and then reinstall using the default setting rather than using the backups I've been using.

Thanks again for your help.

Best wishes

Catherine x
ryanred5 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2012, 09:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
darkrequiem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 112
 
Device(s): Samsung Captivate Galaxy S phone
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 29
Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts
Default

I would. This way you know for sure that you are starting with a fresh and correct settings. I do this when ever I have app problems.
Cheers
darkrequiem is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2012, 11:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
ryanred5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 9
 
Device(s): HTC Desire Z
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkrequiem View Post
I would. This way you know for sure that you are starting with a fresh and correct settings. I do this when ever I have app problems.
Cheers
Hi Darkrequiem

I did a clean, default install of Go Launcher Ex and Go Locker, but unfortunately I've still got the same problem.

I've emailed the developers quite a few times but I've not had any reply at all.

I just wish I knew what was causing the problem.

I've was thinking of doing a factory reset with my phone, but don't know whether I'll lost all my paid software that I've installed. I also don't know whether it would help with this problem.

What do you think I should do?

Best wishes

Catherine x
ryanred5 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2012, 11:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Killer Psychologist
 
chanchan05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,781
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy SL (I9003), Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus (P6200), Samsung Galaxy SIII mini (i8190)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 140
Thanked 2,338 Times in 1,942 Posts
Default

Uhm, there is no problem. They simply removed the Go Locker settings. Don't really worry if the settings menu change with every update. They've changed it radically over the past year already that the sections are wildly different from before.
__________________
https://shared.com?ref=51950 100GB free storage. WOW.

Worried about your health? Take the True Health Assessment now! Click HERE
chanchan05 is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chanchan05 For This Useful Post:
ryanred5 (March 5th, 2012)
Old February 24th, 2012, 04:08 AM   #7 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
ryanred5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 9
 
Device(s): HTC Desire Z
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanchan05 View Post
Uhm, there is no problem. They simply removed the Go Locker settings. Don't really worry if the settings menu change with every update. They've changed it radically over the past year already that the sections are wildly different from before.
Hi Chanchan05

You sure that is what has happened? I knew there was something missing in the Visual Settings menu but didn't realise it was the Go Locker settings.

How come it now says Partial Interface when I go into the Visual Settings and I've had a look at the change log for Go Launcher Ex and it doesn't mention the removal of the Go Locker settings.

Best wishes

Catherine x
ryanred5 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2012, 08:28 AM   #8 (permalink)
Killer Psychologist
 
chanchan05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,781
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy SL (I9003), Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus (P6200), Samsung Galaxy SIII mini (i8190)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 140
Thanked 2,338 Times in 1,942 Posts
Default

It could simply be an error on the developer or a placeholder or something they forgot to remove. As far as I can see, I have all the features from the previous version and all the changes mentioned in the change log so I doubt we have anything in question apart from that errant 'partial interface' line instead of the section title.
chanchan05 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2012, 08:35 AM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NW England
Posts: 226
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 23 Times in 22 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanred5 View Post
Hi

I hope someone can help me with the problem I've got with Go Launcher Ex.

When I go into the Preferences of Go Launcher Ex and open Visual Settings, I noticed that just under where it says Visual Settings, it now says "Partial Interface". The sections under Visual Settings are now just Background, Icon, Font and Indicator, I'm sure the sections were different before, I'm sure there was a section about Go Locker but that's gone now. I don't know what's happened to the Visual Settings and why it now says "Partial Interface" when I open it.

I have uninstalled both Go Launcher Ex and Go Locker, then I reinstalled them both but that made no difference, the problem is still there.

Has anyone else had this problem, if so, do you know what's caused it and whether it can be sorted out?

Please help. Thank you.

Best wishes

Catherine x
Hi Catherine, FYI I've got the same but can't recall if its been there all the time I've been using GO EX or not.
antoeknee is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to antoeknee For This Useful Post:
ryanred5 (March 5th, 2012)
Old March 1st, 2012, 01:05 AM   #10 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
ryanred5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 9
 
Device(s): HTC Desire Z
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanchan05 View Post
It could simply be an error on the developer or a placeholder or something they forgot to remove. As far as I can see, I have all the features from the previous version and all the changes mentioned in the change log so I doubt we have anything in question apart from that errant 'partial interface' line instead of the section title.
Hi Chanchan05

Thanks for your post.

Btw the "partial interface" line is underneath the section title Visual Settings not in place of it.

What exactly does your Go Launcher Ex show when you go into Visual Settings?
ryanred5 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old March 1st, 2012, 02:59 AM   #11 (permalink)
Killer Psychologist
 
chanchan05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,781
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy SL (I9003), Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus (P6200), Samsung Galaxy SIII mini (i8190)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 140
Thanked 2,338 Times in 1,942 Posts
Default

Backgrounds, Icons, Font, Indicator. The one that got lost was the Go Locker settings which was moved out to the front (when you tap the menu button and go to the plugins tab).
chanchan05 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2012, 02:10 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
gonowhere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Norfolk, VA
Posts: 351
 
Device(s): HTC One / Unlocked, ViperRom
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 149
Thanked 147 Times in 94 Posts
Default

I see the same thing that you do under visual settings...as long as you can access everything you need to, I wouldn't worry to much about a change in the placement of where things are now.
gonowhere is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gonowhere For This Useful Post:
ryanred5 (March 5th, 2012)
Old March 3rd, 2012, 09:38 PM   #13 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
ryanred5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 9
 
Device(s): HTC Desire Z
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoeknee View Post
Hi Catherine, FYI I've got the same but can't recall if its been there all the time I've been using GO EX or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonowhere View Post
I see the same thing that you do under visual settings...as long as you can access everything you need to, I wouldn't worry to much about a change in the placement of where things are now.
Hi

Thanks to both of you, letting me know that you both have the same info under Visual Settings in Go Launcher.

Now I know there is no problem with Go Launcher and that it was them who made the change.

Thanks again.
ryanred5 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply
Tags
go launcher ex, partial interface, visual settings


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Discussion > Android Themes
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:41 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.