March 12th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Houston TX
Device(s): LG Optimus Slider, Brick'd HTC Wildfire S, iPhone 3G
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
[TUTORIAL] Editing a MiLocker .mtz
Hi everyone, today I will be showing you how to set up an editing workspace for a MiLocker theme on Windows.
- 7zip (free) or WinRAR (paid with trial)
- Basic knowledge of file editing
'Kay, let's begin.
1. SET UP WINDOWS EXPLORER (Win8 and possibly older versions)
- Go to “view” at the top.
- Near the right there should be something that says “File name extensions”. Check the box to the right of it.
- You should now see .zip, .rar, etc behind file names now. If not, Google is your friend.
2. SET UP YOUR FILES
- Change the last bit of your desired .mtz file to have an ending of .zip (f.e., test.mtz will be test.zip).
- Extract the zip to desired folder (preferably empty).
- Find the “lockscreen” file and add .rar to the end (so it would start as “lockscreen” and you'll be changing it to “lockscreen.rar”).
- Right click on lockscreen.rar and select “open archive”.
3. EDIT THE LOCKSCREEN
4. PUT IT BACK TOGETHER
- Remove “.rar” from lockscreen name so that the lockscreen is just a file again.
- Highlight all of the files in your test (or whatever you decide to name it) folder. You should be highlighting lockscreen, description.xml, and a few others.
- Right click and roll over send to and click “send to compressed (zipped) folder”
- You should now have a zip of everything. Rename that zip, getting rid of “.zip” and adding “.mtz”
5. TEST IT
Please remember to hit "THANKS" if you found this helpful! c: