Go Back   Android Forums > Other Android Devices > Android TV

Like Tree55Likes

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old August 3rd, 2012, 11:19 AM   #1701 (permalink)
Member
 
vikidroid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hrvatska / Croatia
Posts: 130
 
Device(s): LG P500 -AndroidTV LV2GBOX -Acer A100
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 23
Thanked 32 Times in 21 Posts
Send a message via MSN to vikidroid Send a message via Skype™ to vikidroid
Default

roobarb, FYI, ICS is still in some kind of beta-phase or pre-release. there is no guarantie that all will work. and, on the other hand, ICS is "hungry" for resources, and it is problematic to work on 512mb of ram. so, no need to be surprised!

Advertisements
vikidroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to vikidroid For This Useful Post:
roobarb (August 3rd, 2012)
sponsored links
Old August 4th, 2012, 08:16 AM   #1702 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

I am new to this forum, but I just bought a Enjoy TV ATV 2000 which was on a clearance sale and I came here for a visit to learn more.
I upgraded it to the latest Android 4 from Geniantech website straight from the box without using installed version.
Not much worked and I thought it was a piece of garbage, as most application failed, even youtube app did not work.
Shame because I liked the layout of V4.
So I decided to go with latest 2.3 version. Now I am happy, all applications tested work well. Even managed to stream from my Lacie network drive and from Astone media play HDD including a 2TB USB disk attached to the Astone media player. Also the TV dongle which came with it did not work with V4 but now does with V2.3.
I am now quite impressed with ATV2000.
So anyone with problems probably best to stick with 2.3 OS and wait to see if Geniatech come up with another Android 4 update.
shlocker is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2012, 11:50 PM   #1703 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Heyy Im just wondering if someone knows if any of these can play mp4 files?
damage6654 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2012, 07:30 PM   #1704 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Parkes, NSW, Australia
Gender: Male
Posts: 135
 
Device(s): HTC Desire Phone, Ployer V5 MP5 Player, Enjoy AT1000 TV Box with T119 HiDTV dongle, iMiTo 8" Table
Carrier: Pennytel

Thanks: 21
Thanked 44 Times in 31 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shlocker View Post
I am new to this forum, but I just bought a Enjoy TV ATV 2000 which was on a clearance sale and I came here for a visit to learn more.
I upgraded it to the latest Android 4 from Geniantech website straight from the box without using installed version.
Not much worked and I thought it was a piece of garbage, as most application failed, even youtube app did not work.
Shame because I liked the layout of V4.
So I decided to go with latest 2.3 version. Now I am happy, all applications tested work well. Even managed to stream from my Lacie network drive and from Astone media play HDD including a 2TB USB disk attached to the Astone media player. Also the TV dongle which came with it did not work with V4 but now does with V2.3.
I am now quite impressed with ATV2000.
So anyone with problems probably best to stick with 2.3 OS and wait to see if Geniatech come up with another Android 4 update.
With the exception of the HiDVT dongle I have only had a few apps that did not run as expected. Most of these, on reflection were not for ICS

I assume that the range of apps that I use are most likely different.

As to YouTube, I simply downloaded the latest version and it runs without a problem, although I do not like the new GIU.

I intend to stay with ICS and am expecting an ICS HiDTV app to appear shortly.
enviro8 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to enviro8 For This Useful Post:
shlocker (August 6th, 2012)
Old August 5th, 2012, 10:40 PM   #1705 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hi,

I'm trying to connect an ATV1000 to a 70" Smart Board (from Smart Technologies). The panel has a HID profile (Win XP recognises it without drivers) but Android seems not to take an notice. I've tried both 2.3.4 and 4.0 without sucess.
Using "USB Host Controller" the device shows up and checking using "Root Explorer" the device appears in proc/bus/usb & proc/bus/input - comes up as input with handler for mouse.
Not sue what I need to do to make it work?? I was hoping the USBHID driver would just do its thing. Anyone got a suggestion????
Cheers
MJB
martyjb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2012, 10:45 PM   #1706 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by damage6654 View Post
Heyy Im just wondering if someone knows if any of these can play mp4 files?
Most definitely.
martyjb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2012, 05:13 AM   #1707 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 99
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8
Thanked 22 Times in 20 Posts
Default

I wouldn't know martyjb try contacting Geniatech and see what they say. If your own Android 2.3 try out Android 4.

These boxes are modified versions of Android for use with TV's & remote controls, touch input devices via USB are reported to only partially work if thats what the smart board is.
next121 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2012, 06:04 AM   #1708 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 17
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default XIOS firmware on atv310 box

will the airmouse work if i flash my atv500 box with the XIOS DS firmware, as the XIOS box does not come with airmouse
okeytheone is offline  
Last edited by okeytheone; August 6th, 2012 at 03:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2012, 11:21 AM   #1709 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Poland
Posts: 21
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Hi,

I need Enjoy TV Box ATV1100 Digital firmware.

Thanks in advance for help.
majkool is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2012, 02:35 AM   #1710 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default

hi every one,
i have recently bought V310 with 1GB ram
but the ICS instability cost me headache.
Can i apply the Mygica_update20120111 on that machine without bricking it?

thanks

#oh, i have found the information i'd want, thanks

# with Vikidroid suggestion:
http://www.geniatech.com/news/Geniatech-M1_2.3.asp
it show the instructions about upgrade / downgrade from 4.0
heeae is offline  
Last edited by heeae; August 7th, 2012 at 05:00 AM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 7th, 2012, 03:49 AM   #1711 (permalink)
Member
 
vikidroid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hrvatska / Croatia
Posts: 130
 
Device(s): LG P500 -AndroidTV LV2GBOX -Acer A100
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 23
Thanked 32 Times in 21 Posts
Send a message via MSN to vikidroid Send a message via Skype™ to vikidroid
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by heeae View Post
hi every one,
i have recently bought V310 with 1GB ram
but the ICS instability cost me headache.
Can i apply the Mygica_update20120111 on that machine without bricking it?

thanks

#oh, i have found the information i'd want, thanks
in souch cases, esspecially when it is your FIRST post, it's polite to write that information so you can help to someone other.
so, for that attitude,

Quote:
Originally Posted by lily0505 View Post
Hi, I am thinking about buying Android HDMI Stick provided by Geniatech, but my TV is old, Can it turn to a smart TV as decsripted, and how it works?
i don't know what did you read in description, but it's only question can you or not connect it to your's tv set. android stick will work on any tv, in which it can be plugged in. as simply as that.
vikidroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2012, 03:24 PM   #1712 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hi, everyone.

I bought my NB010 in Brazil from a vendor called Multilaser, which I believe from the pictures I've seen that it is ATV2000. It could be a great box... if Android and its apps didn't suck!

It came with Gingerbread and I update to ICS immediately. Netflix worked ok (version 1.8.0; version 1.8.1 from the store didn't) when I updated Flash to version 11.1.115.8. No pixelated image. DVD quality image.

However... I can't use any browser. All of them crash if I am using Flash player above version. If I revert back to 10.2, then browsers work ok, but then Netflix gets all pixelated and horrible.

I already tried Gingerbread and although it is fast, it goes with the same problem: Flash 10.2 and Netflix just don't agree to work together.

Did someone have similar issues? Is someone here with Netflix working ok with the hardware accelerated flash 10.2? Is it possible to hardware accelerate Flash 11.1 so that the crashs can stop. Can you please tell which version of Netflix you are using with 10.2 if this is possible?
Angeluffy is offline  
Last edited by Angeluffy; August 7th, 2012 at 10:24 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2012, 08:28 PM   #1713 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by heeae View Post
hi every one,
i have recently bought V310 with 1GB ram
but the ICS instability cost me headache.
Can i apply the Mygica_update20120111 on that machine without bricking it?

thanks

#oh, i have found the information i'd want, thanks

# with Vikidroid suggestion:
Geniatech M1 Android 2.3 20120606 Version Upgrading Instruction
it show the instructions about upgrade / downgrade from 4.0
oops, tried last night
thrown Invalid Signature Error
may be it is due to my V310 is hong kong version with 1GB ram
causing the patch script not supporting my machine
heeae is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2012, 04:01 PM   #1714 (permalink)
Member
 
vikidroid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hrvatska / Croatia
Posts: 130
 
Device(s): LG P500 -AndroidTV LV2GBOX -Acer A100
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 23
Thanked 32 Times in 21 Posts
Send a message via MSN to vikidroid Send a message via Skype™ to vikidroid
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by heeae View Post
oops, tried last night
thrown Invalid Signature Error
may be it is due to my V310 is hong kong version with 1GB ram
causing the patch script not supporting my machine
that's better.

but. amount of ram doesn't have influence, esspecially if it is bigger. problem will be if you try to flash device with 256mb ram with flash-file for 512 and/or 1gb ram.

so, you may have wrong spi installed and/or wrong patched flash file (if you cooked it by yourself).

in device info find what model is your box. update files on this topic are mainly for M3 device. so, start there. if it is presented as m3, there is something else. if it is not, than you must find appropriate flash file for your device.
vikidroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2012, 12:26 AM   #1715 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 75
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikidroid View Post
that's better.

but. amount of ram doesn't have influence, esspecially if it is bigger. problem will be if you try to flash device with 256mb ram with flash-file for 512 and/or 1gb ram.

so, you may have wrong spi installed and/or wrong patched flash file (if you cooked it by yourself).

in device info find what model is your box. update files on this topic are mainly for M3 device. so, start there. if it is presented as m3, there is something else. if it is not, than you must find appropriate flash file for your device.
heeae probably has the ATV310B which has 1GB DDR3 RAM and AML8726-M3 chipset (instead of AML8726-M1 chipset which most people have)...

The M1 firmware (like the 20120606 one you tried) will not work on your box.

I also have a M3 box and I'm looking for firmware.

Keep in mind Android 2.3 will not work on this box. Amlogic says only Android 4.0 firmware is supported on it (trust me I tried).

Thanks.

Edit: Also don't get confused by the "stvm3" naming convention in the build.prop file. The ATV1000/ATV2000 with 256MB or 512MB DDR2 RAM is definitely a M1 device.
avirex is offline  
Last edited by avirex; August 9th, 2012 at 12:28 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2012, 07:32 AM   #1716 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 110
 
Device(s): ATV300, ATV510, ATV1000
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 31 Times in 20 Posts
Default

I think that is for M3 boxes:
http://www.geniatech.net/down-eng/upgrade/Firmware/V1.03.01MC03_20120726/update_V1.03.01MC03_20120726_OS40_normal.zip

and some fresh patch:
http://www.geniatech.net/down-eng/upgrade/Patch/20120810/update_upgrade_patch_20120810.zip

I DONT HAVE M3 SO I DONT TEST IT!
szemo77 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to szemo77 For This Useful Post:
cedny123 (August 26th, 2012)
Old August 9th, 2012, 10:18 AM   #1717 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 96
 
Device(s): HTC One X iPad,iPad2 Galaxy Tab 8.9 iTouch Wii Mac Book Pro Nexus One
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 34
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Default

It is the right firmware.
Dual_HD is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2012, 04:29 PM   #1718 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 75
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

It is working well, thank you.

I have not tried the 20120810 patch yet. Will try that too.
avirex is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2012, 05:15 PM   #1719 (permalink)
Member
 
stasik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 103
 
Device(s): ATV2000
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 24
Thanked 21 Times in 11 Posts
Default

any updates/info where/when to be able to get Dual-Core players? hope they are not gonna be too expensive, as i keep my eye on Odroid, a qoad-core mini pc. its powerfull as samsung galaxy 3, which is capable of playein 1080p no problem, and much more. can run android or linux. tempting...
similar to Odroid is Kontron KTT30, just with nvidia GPU (like hts one x) instead of mali (like samsung galaxy 3), but more expensive. plenty of alternatives...
stasik is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2012, 05:26 PM   #1720 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 15
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hog8oy View Post
It arrived today! I have updated it to 2.3, don't think I'm going to bother with ICS.

I'm going to see how it goes streaming from my NAS and then try to find a working webcam and I'll be happy - for now!

Does anyone know what ATV model it is?
Daisy606 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 9th, 2012, 10:34 PM   #1721 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 12
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

is this for geniatech boxes, i dont see the reference in geniatech website. what version of andorid is this? anyone have more information
ajeevlal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2012, 11:30 PM   #1722 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default


Thanks, I think it works, as my android box is the same version as the link above. But where did u gather this information? Could you please share so we can check the updates by ourselves?
Thanks.
heeae is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2012, 01:56 AM   #1723 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 110
 
Device(s): ATV300, ATV510, ATV1000
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 31 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Just look in build.prop in system folder.
szemo77 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2012, 08:03 AM   #1724 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 99
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8
Thanked 22 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stasik View Post
any updates/info where/when to be able to get Dual-Core players? hope they are not gonna be too expensive, as i keep my eye on Odroid, a qoad-core mini pc. its powerfull as samsung galaxy 3, which is capable of playein 1080p no problem, and much more. can run android or linux. tempting...
similar to Odroid is Kontron KTT30, just with nvidia GPU (like hts one x) instead of mali (like samsung galaxy 3), but more expensive. plenty of alternatives...
There are about 3 companies making chipsets intended to be sold to consumers as Android TV devices, Amlogic, Allwinner and Rokchip. All of them have dual core designs in the works, Rokchip has launched theirs but Rokchip aren't popular outside of Asia. Amlogic/Allwinner has customers in the rest of the world so the Amlogic 8726-MX/M6 will probably be the first you can get your hands on. I'm pretty sure Pivos (the XBMC partner) have such a box in the works.

More powerful chipsets like the ones from Samsung are much more expensive and seemingly much more difficult to bring to market (look at the FXI Cotten Candy). Things like the Odroid are intended for hobbyist developers not consumers.

Most of the big boys like Samsung or Qualcomm seem content to leave it to smaller Arm vendors for Android TV devices.

The Ouya is an oddity but I suspect Nvidia are backing that with deep discounts, the Tegra 3 chipset is very expensive normally $30+, in comparison the All Winner A10 is $7, Amlogic 8726-M1 $13.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy606 View Post
It arrived today! I have updated it to 2.3, don't think I'm going to bother with ICS.

I'm going to see how it goes streaming from my NAS and then try to find a working webcam and I'll be happy - for now!

Does anyone know what ATV model it is?
It's the ATV2000 which is no longer listed on the Geniatech website. I have one, it's barely any different from the ATV1000 other than being black and it came with a TV tuner. The 1000/2000 has been replaced by the ATV1100 which has the newer 8726-M3 chipset and runs Android 4 out of the box.
next121 is offline  
Last edited by next121; August 11th, 2012 at 06:40 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to next121 For This Useful Post:
Daisy606 (August 10th, 2012)
Old August 10th, 2012, 08:41 PM   #1725 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 11
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hi
I have updated ATV1000 to "update_20120529_M1_4.0_patched.zip",now YouTube app is not working(message"Unfortunately YouTube stopped working"). I tried uninstalling and reinstalling this app but still same message.How to solve this? Also I would like to know
how to upgrade ATV1000 with new firmware without loosing all installed apps.
Thanks
javed08 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2012, 09:11 AM   #1726 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Italy
Posts: 178
 
Device(s): ATV1000
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 27
Thanked 114 Times in 50 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by javed08 View Post
Hi
I have updated ATV1000 to "update_20120529_M1_4.0_patched.zip",now YouTube app is not working(message"Unfortunately YouTube stopped working"). I tried uninstalling and reinstalling this app but still same message.How to solve this? Also I would like to know
how to upgrade ATV1000 with new firmware without loosing all installed apps.
Thanks
Hi javed08, you can solve your issues with Youtube, by installing an older version of the app.
You can refer to this post by szemo77: http://androidforums.com/google-tv/408166-geniatech-enjoy-tv-34.html#post4746183

For the backup of your apps and settings, I can suggest My Backup Root.apk which can be downloaded freely from Play Store:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rerware.android.MyBackupRoot&featur e=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDMsImNvbS5yZXJ3YXJlLm FuZHJvaWQuTXlCYWNrdXBSb290Il0.
or, better, the paid version My Backup Pro.apk

Here is a videoguide to the app: Video guides, tests and previews for Geniatech devices
werewolferx likes this.
gio965 is offline  
Last edited by gio965; August 11th, 2012 at 10:30 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2012, 06:05 PM   #1727 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 96
 
Device(s): HTC One X iPad,iPad2 Galaxy Tab 8.9 iTouch Wii Mac Book Pro Nexus One
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 34
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajeevlal View Post
is this for geniatech boxes, i dont see the reference in geniatech website. what version of andorid is this? anyone have more information
The version is android 4.0.x .
Dual_HD is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2012, 06:51 AM   #1728 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 15
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by next121 View Post
It's the ATV2000 which is no longer listed on the Geniatech website. I have one, it's barely any different from the ATV1000 other than being black and it came with a TV tuner. The 1000/2000 has been replaced by the ATV1100 which has the newer 8726-M3 chipset and runs Android 4 out of the box.
TV Tuner? There's no mention of that in the description/manual.
Daisy606 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2012, 11:38 AM   #1729 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 99
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8
Thanked 22 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy606 View Post
TV Tuner? There's no mention of that in the description/manual.
It was a USB dongle thrown in with it, they might have simply stopped supplying it with that model it wasn't a part of the player just a dongle and TV app for DVB signals.
next121 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to next121 For This Useful Post:
Daisy606 (August 14th, 2012)
Old August 14th, 2012, 01:53 AM   #1730 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 11
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thanks gio965,

YouTube is working and I have downloaded My Backup Root.


Quote:
Originally Posted by gio965 View Post
Hi javed08, you can solve your issues with Youtube, by installing an older version of the app.
You can refer to this post by szemo77: http://androidforums.com/google-tv/408166-geniatech-enjoy-tv-34.html#post4746183

For the backup of your apps and settings, I can suggest My Backup Root.apk which can be downloaded freely from Play Store:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rerware.android.MyBackupRoot&featur e=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDMsImNvbS5yZXJ3YXJlLm FuZHJvaWQuTXlCYWNrdXBSb290Il0.
or, better, the paid version My Backup Pro.apk

Here is a videoguide to the app: Video guides, tests and previews for Geniatech devices
javed08 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 14th, 2012, 07:55 AM   #1731 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Video player issues

Hi guys,

I own a ATV1000 and i recently have updated to 20120606 firmware. Everything itīs ok, gingerbread works just fine. The only thing is that iīm having issues with video playing.
Built in Video Player handles multiple audio tracks just fine, but has problems with built-in subtitles on MKV and with SRT codification (and now position, wich previous firmware didnīt).

MxPlayer, does video and subtitles great, but has problem with multiple audio tracks, it replays both audios at the same time. If it try SW decoding, everything goes to the pooper.

Iīve tried Rockplayer, Mobo, Bsplayer, Soul Movie, Dice and many more.

Canīt seem to make work? Anhy thoughts? Ideas? Players?

Also, itīseems that when i play a 1080p video, the screen explodes beyond the limits of my tv and what i configured in android, so some of the apps commands appear to be outside the screen.

thanks!!!
sebaschonfeld is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2012, 11:29 AM   #1732 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 99
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8
Thanked 22 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebaschonfeld View Post
Hi guys,

I own a ATV1000 and i recently have updated to 20120606 firmware. Everything itīs ok, gingerbread works just fine. The only thing is that iīm having issues with video playing.
Built in Video Player handles multiple audio tracks just fine, but has problems with built-in subtitles on MKV and with SRT codification (and now position, wich previous firmware didnīt).

MxPlayer, does video and subtitles great, but has problem with multiple audio tracks, it replays both audios at the same time. If it try SW decoding, everything goes to the pooper.

Iīve tried Rockplayer, Mobo, Bsplayer, Soul Movie, Dice and many more.

Canīt seem to make work? Anhy thoughts? Ideas? Players?

Also, itīseems that when i play a 1080p video, the screen explodes beyond the limits of my tv and what i configured in android, so some of the apps commands appear to be outside the screen.

thanks!!!
Well if you install Android 4 and use XBMC that should resolve most of those issues if not right away then down the line. Media player software on Android is much poorer and inferior compared to something like XBMC.

There is a display calibration section in the display settings of Android 4.

XBMC wont work on Android 2.3 it needs Android 4.
next121 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to next121 For This Useful Post:
sebaschonfeld (August 14th, 2012)
Old August 14th, 2012, 12:58 PM   #1733 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by next121 View Post
Well if you install Android 4 and use XBMC that should resolve most of those issues if not right away then down the line. Media player software on Android is much poorer and inferior compared to something like XBMC.

There is a display calibration section in the display settings of Android 4.

XBMC wont work on Android 2.3 it needs Android 4.

Any other solution? ICS firmware has some limitations.. like HiDTV
sebaschonfeld is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2012, 02:44 AM   #1734 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 45
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 55 Times in 16 Posts
Default Geniatech NEW ICS firmware version for M1 models

HI EVERYONE,

Here is NEW ICS firmware for basic models, such as ATV1000, ATV300/310/320,ATV500
/510, ATV3000 and so on.
www.geniatech.com/down-eng/Androidtvbox/update20120730_M1_4.0.zip
Here is HiDTV application for watching TV programs on ATV2000 (T119 DVBT and D689 DMBTH dongle) and ATV4000 (DVBT version only) with this ICS version.
www.geniatech.com/down-eng/Androidtvbox/HiDTV_M1_4.0_1.9.8.zip
Here is the NEW ICS firmware for ATV1100T model which built-in DVB player application.
www.geniatech.com/down-eng/Androidtvbox/update20120730DVB_M1_4.0.zip
Download the file and don’t unzip, rename to update.img, all are small characters.
1. If you are using android 2.3(as long as the Uboot number is 20111102 or later version in setting->about device), copy the file into SD card (only) and insert to the box. Then, go to setting->privacy->update system to update firmware directly, the box will restart automatically after finished.
2. If your box is working with previous android 4.0 version, copy the file into SD card or USB disk and connect to the box, then run Upgrade app (there is an Upgrade app icon on 4.0), select update.img file in local update option to upgrade.
3. If you want to degrade to android 2.3, copy android 2.3 firmware file into SD card, and do the same operating steps as above.

Fixed problems based on Android 4.0 20120529 version.
1. Added regional setting of Google play store in setting->Developer options->Play Store setting.
2. Support CVBS output.
3. Support DVBT.
4. Install some apps by default, such as Youtube, Skype, MSN and so on.

By the way,

GENIATECH'S ANDROID TV BOXES HAVE THERE CHIPSETS:

amlogic 8726M1 for all basic models, such as ATV300/500/510, atv1000/2000/3000 and so on.
8726M3 for all B series boxes, such as ATV310B, ATV510B, ATV100 HDMI dongle is M3 as well.
8726MX for Duall core ATV1200

Different chipset has different firmware.
gboijhpok is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to gboijhpok For This Useful Post:
cedny123 (August 26th, 2012), enviro8 (August 15th, 2012), gio965 (August 15th, 2012), josjator (August 15th, 2012), next121 (August 16th, 2012), ragorali (August 16th, 2012), sebaschonfeld (August 15th, 2012), vikidroid (August 15th, 2012), werewolferx (August 15th, 2012), xyzmoscow (August 15th, 2012)
Old August 15th, 2012, 02:56 AM   #1735 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 45
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 55 Times in 16 Posts
Default M3 firmware

Quote:
Originally Posted by avirex View Post
heeae probably has the ATV310B which has 1GB DDR3 RAM and AML8726-M3 chipset (instead of AML8726-M1 chipset which most people have)...

The M1 firmware (like the 20120606 one you tried) will not work on your box.

I also have a M3 box and I'm looking for firmware.

Keep in mind Android 2.3 will not work on this box. Amlogic says only Android 4.0 firmware is supported on it (trust me I tried).

Thanks.

Edit: Also don't get confused by the "stvm3" naming convention in the build.prop file. The ATV1000/ATV2000 with 256MB or 512MB DDR2 RAM is definitely a M1 device.
ICS firmware for Geniatech M3 boxes:
http://www.geniatech.com/down-eng/androidtvbox/m3firmware.zip
gboijhpok is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gboijhpok For This Useful Post:
next121 (August 16th, 2012)
Old August 15th, 2012, 03:14 AM   #1736 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 110
 
Device(s): ATV300, ATV510, ATV1000
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 31 Times in 20 Posts
Default

gboijhpok Do you have url for Android/Iphone mobile phone APP as a remote control? Geniatech working on something that.
szemo77 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2012, 05:02 AM   #1737 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by szemo77 View Post
gboijhpok Do you have url for Android/Iphone mobile phone APP as a remote control? Geniatech working on something that.

you mean
http://www.everbesthk.com/8-download/mygica/RemoteIME/RemoteIME20120616.apk ?
but it still have many problem, but already suitable to be a remote.
werewolferx likes this.
heeae is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to heeae For This Useful Post:
szemo77 (August 15th, 2012), werewolferx (August 16th, 2012)
Old August 15th, 2012, 02:08 PM   #1738 (permalink)
Member
 
vikidroid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hrvatska / Croatia
Posts: 130
 
Device(s): LG P500 -AndroidTV LV2GBOX -Acer A100
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 23
Thanked 32 Times in 21 Posts
Send a message via MSN to vikidroid Send a message via Skype™ to vikidroid
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gboijhpok View Post
HI EVERYONE,

Here is NEW ICS firmware for basic models, such as ATV1000, ATV300/310/320,ATV500
/510, ATV3000 and so on.

Fixed problems based on Android 4.0 20120529 version.
3. Support DVBT.
is this dvb-t support ONLY for some special dvb-t sticks, or now it support any dvb-t stick?

thx!
vikidroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2012, 03:23 PM   #1739 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 15
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Google Play/BBC iplayer

Sorry if I'm going over old ground. I've gone through the posts and can't find the answer.

Earlier I updated my ATV2000 to update20120730.

When i search for BBC iplayer in Google Play there are no results. When I access it from Opera it says "we do not currently support BBC iplayer outside United Kingdom". I am in the UK!
Daisy606 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2012, 06:00 PM   #1740 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Italy
Posts: 178
 
Device(s): ATV1000
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 27
Thanked 114 Times in 50 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy606 View Post
Sorry if I'm going over old ground. I've gone through the posts and can't find the answer.

Earlier I updated my ATV2000 to update20120730.

When i search for BBC iplayer in Google Play there are no results. When I access it from Opera it says "we do not currently support BBC iplayer outside United Kingdom". I am in the UK!
Hi Daisy606, your issue is due to the following line inside build.prop: persist.sys.gsm.numeric=310260
(310260= T-Mobile - USA), so your device is seen as connected from USA.
You can solve by deleting this line (or disabling it, # before line) using rootexplorer.apk or alternatively, more simply, changing gsm operator (you can do it going to: Settings --> Developer options --> Play Store setting --> choose an UK operator and reboot).
werewolferx and Daisy606 like this.
gio965 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gio965 For This Useful Post:
Daisy606 (August 16th, 2012), werewolferx (August 15th, 2012)
sponsored links
Old August 15th, 2012, 07:49 PM   #1741 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 23
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

nvm
kwuw4sale is offline  
Last edited by kwuw4sale; August 15th, 2012 at 08:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2012, 02:22 AM   #1742 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Parkes, NSW, Australia
Gender: Male
Posts: 135
 
Device(s): HTC Desire Phone, Ployer V5 MP5 Player, Enjoy AT1000 TV Box with T119 HiDTV dongle, iMiTo 8" Table
Carrier: Pennytel

Thanks: 21
Thanked 44 Times in 31 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gboijhpok View Post
HI EVERYONE,

Here is NEW ICS firmware for basic models, such as ATV1000, ATV300/310/320,ATV500
/510, ATV3000 and so on.
www.geniatech.com/down-eng/Androidtvbox/update20120730_M1_4.0.zip
Here is HiDTV application for watching TV programs on ATV2000 (T119 DVBT and D689 DMBTH dongle) and ATV4000 (DVBT version only) with this ICS version.
www.geniatech.com/down-eng/Androidtvbox/HiDTV_M1_4.0_1.9.8.zip
Here is the NEW ICS firmware for ATV1100T model which built-in DVB player application.
www.geniatech.com/down-eng/Androidtvbox/update20120730DVB_M1_4.0.zip
I have installed the ICS update and ran a few trials.

At this stage the lip synch problem that I had with previous ICS and GB version appear to have almost disappeared with Veetle (or may be not!)

However the HiDTV is not performing for me. No audio except for a short initial burst.

Using 1080i resolution (in the ICS setup) results in a half screen view but the close/cancel buttons etc cannot be activated. You need to use only 720p or 1080p to get an effective picture with operable buttons.

Good to have TV on ICS but poorly implemented and tested before release.

(My TV is 1080i and I am using a T119 DVBT dongle)
enviro8 is offline  
Last edited by enviro8; August 16th, 2012 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Errors and amendment
Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2012, 04:15 AM   #1743 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 15
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth

I have plugged in a bluetooth dongle to my ATV2000 (updated to 20120730) and the light has come on but I can't find out how to enable it.

I'm trying to find a wii remote in MD.emu but it says 'bluetooth not accessible'.
Daisy606 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2012, 06:50 PM   #1744 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 96
 
Device(s): HTC One X iPad,iPad2 Galaxy Tab 8.9 iTouch Wii Mac Book Pro Nexus One
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 34
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikidroid View Post
is this dvb-t support ONLY for some special dvb-t sticks, or now it support any dvb-t stick?

thx!
I think it only support Geniatech DVBT stick so far. What else stick do you want to support?
Dual_HD is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2012, 06:20 AM   #1745 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy606 View Post
I have plugged in a bluetooth dongle to my ATV2000 (updated to 20120730) and the light has come on but I can't find out how to enable it.

I'm trying to find a wii remote in MD.emu but it says 'bluetooth not accessible'.
there is Bluetooth OnOff program on Google Play. This program has a widget, you can switch on or off bluetooth radio from desktop. also you can acces with this widget hidden bluetooth settings. i also tried my bluetooth adapter on my atv1000. but it is not working with latest 20120730 firmware.

Anyway 20120730 firmware more stabil and has more application from 20120529 version firmware. especially when press power off button from fly air mouse reboot and poweroff setting apper on the screen. i like it.
ragorali is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ragorali For This Useful Post:
Daisy606 (August 17th, 2012)
Old August 17th, 2012, 07:21 AM   #1746 (permalink)
Member
 
vikidroid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hrvatska / Croatia
Posts: 130
 
Device(s): LG P500 -AndroidTV LV2GBOX -Acer A100
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 23
Thanked 32 Times in 21 Posts
Send a message via MSN to vikidroid Send a message via Skype™ to vikidroid
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dual_HD View Post
I think it only support Geniatech DVBT stick so far. What else stick do you want to support?
that's my opinion too. but, as gboijhpok wrote in post,

"Fixed problems based on Android 4.0 20120529 version.
3. Support DVBT."

i tought that they make something wider range of supported dvbt sticks.
i presume that geniatech stick should work, but who knows...
vikidroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2012, 07:25 AM   #1747 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 19
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Ics 4.02 / xbmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by roobarb View Post
Hello folks.
New to this forum (and site).
How can I post a thread (ask question) on this forum?
Have read the FAQ's, cannot find the button.
I have a problem regarding a recent ICS upgrade to a Sumvision Nano Slim+ and problems getting USB HDDs detected.
Odd to find I apparently have a re-branded Enjoy TV Box Nano3 ATV510B, or the pictures look similar.
Your help on either subject most appreciated.

Hello again Folks.
Update to the above and a question.
The device is now rooted and running ICS4.02 (no Idea how it got rooted, does ICS do that by default?).
It does now see and read both HDD's.
Question - I have installed XBMC media player (from a link on this forum), it does look very promising. My problem is getting it to find the HDD's.
Tried external storage (finds SD card), plug n play, various other options, can't find the hard drives.
Any ideas/suggestions please?

Many thanks again.
Roobarb.
roobarb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2012, 08:38 AM   #1748 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Where do you find 20120730 firmware on Geniatech website?
I have downloaded it from above post

www.geniatech.com/down-eng/Androidtvbox/update20120730_M1_4.0.zip

but would like to know why I cant find it on Geniatech website?
The only one I can find latest is update20120529_M1_4.0
shlocker is offline  
Last edited by shlocker; August 17th, 2012 at 08:42 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to shlocker For This Useful Post:
quino05 (August 17th, 2012)
Old August 17th, 2012, 09:55 AM   #1749 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 19
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hello shlocker.
My player is a Sumvision (Geniatech 510b, I think).
Got it off

www.Sumvision.com

Look under the support tab, get the Android 4 Version 2.
There is also a UK site with some downloads on it.
Trying to find a suitable CyanogenMod ROM at the moment.
Will have to wait while someone writes one, well beyond me.
roobarb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2012, 01:56 PM   #1750 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 19
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roobarb View Post
Hello shlocker.
My player is a Sumvision (Geniatech 510b, I think).
Got it off

www.Sumvision.com

Look under the support tab, get the Android 4 Version 2.
There is also a UK site with some downloads on it.
Trying to find a suitable CyanogenMod ROM at the moment.
Will have to wait while someone writes one, well beyond me.

Update for that :-
It is their version of ICS 4.0
Scroll down to Android 4 Beta and get transfered to the site I intnded to give the URL for.
Will be the same as Geniatech ICS 4.0.
Sorry for the duff information.

Roobarb.
roobarb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Other Android Devices > Android TV
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://androidforums.com/android-tv/408166-geniatech-enjoy-tv.html
Posted By For Type Date
Kiedy Android 4.0 ICS Ice-Cream-Sandwich na MT7001/MT7002 ? This thread Refback January 5th, 2012 09:56 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:00 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.